Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Going to the Italian GP, could use some advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hi I’m travelling with my 7yr old son to the Italian GP. Now I’ve always travelled with friends but this time it’s just the two of us. Im wanting to camp and was wondering if there was a family friendly site nearby, so we could meet other families doing the same thing. Ive always gone camping f1 guess I was just wondering if they do a family campsite.

BrawnGP
    Participant

I posted this in another thread…

I can highly recommended camping F1. They have 3 sites, one in track, one next to it, and one a little further out. The two sites closest to the track seemed to be very loud party camps full of Europeans in camper vans.
    The third is where I stayed and is the only one with pre erected tents. You camp on the grounds of a hotel/restaurant. Theres a great chilled atmosphere there and the food is pretty decent. The toilet and shower block were very good too. Its also mainly english people which is noce. Its just one stop on the train so dits not a long commute. (You have to walk on sundays as the train doesnt run)
    I arrived on the Thursday too but ended up stocking up on supplies and having some beers with the other campers. I didnt find alot of info about what was happening on the Thursday but if you do, bare in mind… if you have to pick up your tickets, its at the opposite end of the track and is quite a trek.

It would be no problem taking kids to this site.

Sean
    Participant

Thanks for this, is the walk a long one? Just thinking of my son. Sounds perfect though.

BrawnGP
    Participant

your welcome Sean… again check out the other threads, answer was there too ;-)

Its about 25-30 minutes walk to the lesmo corner. Theres actually a lovely route along the river. You only have to walk it once though (sunday morning) as the train only goes the other way on Sunday, so you can stil get the train back after the race. Its only one stop on the train (like 4 minutes) so its by far the easiest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.