Going to the Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Monza 2015: Is General Admission worhwhile?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Brown
    Participant

I’m looking for some recent experiances of the GA for the Italian GP. Can anybody help ?

Cheers

Chris

BenH
    Participant

Took the wife and son to it in 2013. Wasn’t too bad. Spent most of the time round the Start/Finish straight. There is a nice bit of banking to sit on between Ascari and Parabolica which we watched the first half of the race from. We also managed to sneak under the grandstand at the exit of Parabolica for some really good close-up pictures (although after 20 minutes or so, others found out about this spot too, which drew attention from the marshalls who moved us out sharpish). Meant we got to see most of the pit stops too though. As for other spots, I couldnt say much more about other areas really as with a young kid in a pushchair, it wasnt ideal for getting round and exploring all the options but the areas we ended up were quite nice. Where we watched the first half of the race from was quite a nice vantage point to see the cars, but with no big screens nearby it was harder to keep track of goings on.

If I was going again though, I probably wouldn’t do GA again. There is a fair bit of walking required just to get to the track from the bus dropoff points (or the edges of Monza Park if driving – good luck finding space. We parked a mile away on the Thursday!). so once you get there you probably want to crash for a little while (especially if it is a warm day, which it usually is). Seats are better for that. Most grandstands have a big screen nearby too, however these were quite hard to spot from the GA areas we went to (may be better at the other end of the track, but could not say).

Chris Brown
    Participant

Thanks for the info…. very helpful. Lots to consider when booking the tickets. It’s my wife and I’s 1st GP (Decided on Monza becasue of the a) History and b) It’s our anniversary and c) we honeymooned in Italy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.