Mark Webber said he couldn’t have gone any quicker on his pole position lap at the Nurburgring.
Speaking after taking pole he said: “The performance has been getting a little better in the last few races. This track seems to be not too bad for me in the past.
“I must say the session went pretty well with the exception of the first [soft tyre] run in Q2, the only run in Q2. That wasn’t very smooth but the other two laps were good.
“The boys did a great job on the car. We’ve had some pretty late nights in the lead up to this event so we’ve recovered well and got it all together at the end their.
“I was thinking on my in-lap, ‘If someone gets me, they deserve it”, because I don’t think I could have got much more out of it. It was my complete limit, it was a pretty good lap.
“So it’s very satisfying to see no-one grabs you at the end there because it’s a pretty anxious wait, those last few seconds.”
2011 German Grand Prix
- Rate the race result: 2011 German Grand Prix
- 2011 German Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for your German GP driver of the weekend
- McLaren: Surprise win in Germany for Hamilton
- Red Bull: McLaren and Ferrari ahead in Germany
- Ferrari: Alonso beats Red Bulls despite cool weather
- Mercedes: Three-stopper costs Rosberg a place
- Force India: Sutil helps team overtake Toro Rosso
- Renault: Petrov dissatisfied with strategy
- Sauber: Kobayashi out in Q1 but claims points
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images