Chilton will drive for Marussia during the first practice session on Friday at the Yas Marina circuit.
“This is the next step in the process of proving my potential and another important notch for me personally in terms of my ultimate goals,” said Chilton.
“As for next Friday, the 90 minutes of [first practice] will fly by so quickly that it?óÔé¼Ôäós a real bonus to be testing the car at a circuit I know well. It means I can get up to speed straight away and focus on delivering some proper set-up and aero evaluation data for the Team to help during the rest of the weekend.”
Chilton finished fourth in his third season of GP2 this year and won the feature races in Hungary and Singapore. He drove for Marussia at the Silverstone Young Drivers’ Test earlier this year. He also drove for Force India in last year’s Young Driver Test.
2012 F1 season
- Hulkenberg’s missed win should have been “high point” for Force India
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Marussia