Red Bull stated earlier today Fallows will remain at the Milton Keynes team as their head of aerodynamics. However McLaren claim they have the rights to Fallows’ services having previously announced he had been hired from their rivals.
McLaren racing director Eric Boullier gave the following statement: “Dan Fallows has a legally binding contract with McLaren and the matter is now in the hands of our lawyers.”
Fallows originally joined Red Bull in 2001, when it competed as Jaguar. He left in 2005 but returned the following year, after the team became Red Bull.
According to Red Bull, Fallows also “left the team for a short time last year” before returning.
Boullier would not comment on when Peter Prodromou, Red Bull’s former head of aerodynamics whose hiring was announced at the same time as Fallows’, will be joining McLaren. Red Bull announced today he has gone on “gardening leave” prior to his departure.
2014 F1 season
- Which was F1’s best down-to-the-wire title fight?
- Fear of rules change led Mercedes to run dominant 2014 engine in “idle mode”
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image © McLaren/LAT