Nico Hulkenberg had his first test in Porsche’s 919 LMP1 car at Motorland Aragon in Spain earlier this week.
The Force India driver intends to compete in the the Le Mans 24 Hours and Spa Six Hours races next year in addition to his full F1 programme. However since his plans were announced a revised 2015 F1 calendar has been released with an added round in Korea which clashes with the Belgian round of the World Endurance Championship.
Hulkenberg said his first experience of the endurance prototype was “a hundred per cent positive”.
“The 919 is great to drive. It has a lot of downforce in fast corners and the hybrid power to accelerate out of slow corners is impressive. The preparation from the simulator was very realistic and I found the night driving especially cool.”
Porsche also ran regular LMP1 drivers Timo Bernhard and Brendon Hartley at the test along with Porsche GT racers Michael Christensen, Frederic Makowiecki and Nick Tandy.
Pictures: Nico Hulkenberg’s first Porsche 919 test
- 2023 post-season F1 testing at Yas Marina in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2023 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice in pictures
- Yas Marina’s new podium and more pictures from the build-up to the Abu Dhabi GP