Ferrari and its Formula 1 customer teams Haas and Sauber will run black stripes on their cars during the Hungarian Grand Prix in tribute to Sergio Marchionne.
The precise details of the tributes the six cars will carry is yet to be decided.
The team has also confirmed Marchionne’s funeral will be a private affair for his family and close associates.
Haas team principal Guenther Steiner paid tribute to Marchionne, who he said had been supportive of his team since it came into F1 two years ago.
“First of all my condolences to the family of Mr Marchionne,” said Steiner. “He was a great supporter of Formula 1. He was always there for us when we needed him. He was a great guy for the whole industry and it’s sad, his passing.
“Everybody wants to [do well this weekend] because he was a big factor of this sport,” Steiner added. “Even if he was not seen because he was not a public man, he was behind the scenes. He was a big guy in the sport.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault