The Russian Grand Prix is being held much later in the year than last season but weather conditions are likely to be similar for this weekend’s race.
Conditions are expected to be overcast for much of the weekend, though the sun may break through briefly late on Saturday. Otherwise the first two days of running are unlikely to see temperatures much above 22C.
Sunday will be a bit warmer, potentially as high as 26C, though with little sunshine the track temperatures may not reach the 40-plus peaks seen last year.
This could be significant, as previous races this year which featured higher than expected track temperatures saw some teams encounter problems with their tyres. However the low-abrasion Sochi track has rarely presented teams significant problems when it comes to managing their tyre life.
The race begins at 2:10pm local time which is earlier than many rounds of the world championship this year. This is because sunset is due to fall at 6:04pm.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 Russian Grand Prix
- 2018 Russian Grand Prix team radio highlights
- Top ten pictures from the 2018 Russian Grand Prix
- 2018 Russian Grand Prix Star Performers
- Verstappen did 2018’s best recovery drive yet – in eight laps
- No backsies for Bottas: Hamilton wins on Mercedes team orders