TAG Heuer has extended its sponsorship deal with Red Bull until 2021 but will no longer brand the team’s power units.2019 F1 season, when Red Bull switches from Renault to Honda power. The watch manufacturer has held the naming rights for the last three years, during which time its brand has appeared on Red Bull’s engine cover.
The new deal will see the two companies launch an official Max Verstappen special edition watch next year.
“Over the past three seasons the TAG Heuer name has become deeply linked with the team’s efforts, through its branding of our power units, and also via the company’s exceptional global visibility,” said Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.
“The TAG Heuer name has outstanding heritage in Formula 1, stretching back to the golden age of grand prix racing, and we are proud to play a part in that continuing story.”
TAG Heuer is also an official partner to the Indianapolis 500, the World Touring Car Championship and Formula E. The company has been involved in Formula 1 for over four decades.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- McLaren staff told us we were “totally crazy” to take Honda engines in 2018 – Tost
- ‘It doesn’t matter if we start last’: How Red Bull’s junior team aided Honda’s leap forward
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault