“The aim of the test was to validate the latest specification of 13-inch 2020 tyres following the most recent guidelines agreed with the teams,” said Pirelli motorsport director Mario Isola.
“We carried out plenty of running with the three top teams over two days, which enabled us to collect the data that we wanted. As a result, we are now in a position to nominate the 2020 specification.”
This was the final development test for F1’s 13-inch tyres. All 10 teams will now run the final specifications in a post-season test at Yas Marina in December.
Pirelli also conducted a test of its new 18-inch tyres for next year’s Formula 2 championship. F1 will switch to 18-inch wheels and tyres in 2021.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Pictures: Wrecked chassis from Grosjean’s Bahrain fireball crash to go on display
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers