F1

2012 F1 tour?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mrgrieves
    Participant

Ok here’s what im thinking of doing next season.

At the end of 2012 I’ll almost certainly be looking to move house and its possibly the last year my hero Michael Schumacher will be in F1.

Not being well off in any way what i was hoping to do was try save up £1000 to put towards going to as many races next year as possible, thinking it might get me to Silverstone and two more.

What i wondered and would love to discuss is has anyone on here gone to a few grand prix’s in a season before, how have you gone about it, am i being very ambitious or can it be done?.

Would love to hear any stories and advice about getting to F1 races, especially any cost effective adventures.

Thanks everyone!

TrueF1Grit

I did both the British and the Hungarian GP’s last year, 3 weeks apart. It worked quite well, it was strange coming home and thinking “Only 3 weeks left”!

sbl on tour
    Participant

you could the european classics via inter rail, or as the belgian and italian are only a week apart you could drive and take in the speyer museum in germany and a few of the alpine passes on the way and maybe extend the trip my going to maranello and then heading home via monte carlo and up the autoroute home, ah the list is endless

for the 2006 italian gp I drove from st tropez to monza and back, I would be lying if I told you I took the ferrari, we took a renault 21 hirecar, still it was big enough to sleep in on the saturday night at the lesmo campsite, fantasico

Ned Flanders
    Participant

The Hungarian GP is one of the cheapest European events on the calendar, I believe. Also, lots of budget airlines fly to Budapest (though presumably they jack up the prices on the week of the race), and accomodation is reasonably good value. So that might be a good choice

sbl on tour
    Participant

it may well be cheap, but in this life you get what you pay for , it will most probably a bore fest, might as well go til valencia, on second thoughts lets call a spade a spade, it will be c…

mrgrieves
    Participant

Cheers for the advice guys. The Inter rail is pretty handy for the Spa and Italy races. Would be perfect if it did Euro Tunnel to but what can you do!

Quick inspection looked good for pulling this off but Hotel or camping costs are huge. Over £100 a night from what ive found for hotels around abouts and camping at belgium was £160

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.