F1

Chicane do Cafe?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Just wondering, will we have the chicane at the last corner at Interlagos as was planned for other series, or will F1 be exempt from that?

NickV

I may be wrong but im sure some months ago I heard that the wall was being knocked down and a tarmca run off area was being built

matt90
    Participant

I didn’t realise there was even a chance of this, so I really hope not. Interlagos is such a great track. It would be a shame to see the rhythm interrupted.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I don’t think that’s possible, @NickV – the wall borders the grandstand, and the grandstand is hard up against an arterial road. The wall cannot be removed without removing the entire grandstand.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

The grandstand is being removed so that the wall can be moved back and tarmac runoff added. As far as I am aware this will happen after this years GP.

Icthyes
    Participant

Yeh it was said at the time they’d just demolish the grandstand. It was more for the benefit of the touring cars really but it’ll be safer for F1 too. Wonder how they’ll make up for lost capacity?

Mathers
    Participant

Hey guys, just joined, but I found this when searching for info, and it says that F1 won’t use the chicane

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/F1-won-t-use-temporary-Interlagos-chicane,26547.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.