F1

Free Practice TV in Australia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

Has any Aussies out there come up with a way to watch the F1 free practice sessions??

I saw the Sky Sport 10 pound per day sessions (and was more than happy to pay that) but turns out its UK only.

I tried to steam some but it was all ads and did not work (may have been how much internet data I had).

There is 4 hours of F1 I miss each race and I am not too happy with that, any options would be appreciated, I am not looking for the freebie option, just want to watch F1!!

For those that have the full Sky Sports subscription, any feedback on fees and programing would be great!

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s possible in Australia. I even have Foxtel but they have no rights for any F1 stuff (although it’s great for other motorsports such as IndyCar).

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

MotoGP is on Speed AU and channel 10 this year, speed has all the practice sessions though which is a big tick for me. Hopefully they can sub-license with 10 the same way they did with Moto GP!

Nic Morley
    Participant

The F1 coverage in Australia is just awful. I suppose we should be lucky we get qualifying and the race but still. For some reason we get a 30 minute pre talk for Qualifying, but then only these days a 5 to 10 minute pre race talk on Channel Tem. It’s just so bad. It use to be shown all on One HD back when it was THE sports channel in Australia, but now is filled up with total utter rubbish.

To mention to by memory One HD use to show DTM, BTCC and more. Now it’s all been replaced with crap like more fishing shows and red neck American shows. The day, and I do hope F1 will come to pay Tv in Australia. I will pay because I love watching the sport and want more of it on the TV (not streaming on the internet), instead of a short yet boring pre race chit chat with Alan Jones and Greg. Have I mentioned the coverage the Aus GP gets, oh wow that’s bad. These recent years have made really dislike that vet and the old lady who’s apparently a comedian.

Nic Morley
    Participant

Just find decent streams on the net, there around.

The F1 coverage in Australia is just awful. I suppose we should be lucky we get qualifying and the race but still. For some reason we get a 30 minute pre talk for Qualifying, but then only these days a 5 to 10 minute pre race talk on Channel Tem. It’s just so bad. It use to be shown all on One HD back when it was THE sports channel in Australia, but now is filled up with total utter rubbish.

To mention to by memory One HD use to show DTM, BTCC and more. Now it’s all been replaced with crap like more fishing shows and red neck American shows. The day, and I do hope F1 will come to pay Tv in Australia. I will pay because I love watching the sport and want more of it on the TV (not streaming on the internet), instead of a short yet boring pre race chit chat with Alan Jones and Greg. Have I mentioned the coverage the Aus GP gets, oh wow that’s bad. These recent years have made really dislike that vet and the old lady who’s apparently a comedian.

AMR
    Participant

Stream them online. There’s dozens of sites.

Arki
    Participant

I sympathise with you fellow Aussies. Considering what the fans in Europe are saying I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that F1 is on free to air TV …. However I know I’d gladly pay for coverage of Free Practice Sessions and coverage without ads. The Channel Ten coverage is …. adequate….. is the most complimentary I can be.
    I don’t know if Channel Ten outbid Foxtel for the rights or if it is dependant on the media Baron situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.