F1

Is Red Bull using KERS for traction?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This thread just turned into solid gold.

matt90
    Participant

The flimsiness of that argument is answered with a question. If the government supposedly blew up the twin towers, why even bother also orchestrating the collapse of WTC7? What possible purpose would that serve, other than creating extra evidence of a conspiracy?

matt90
    Participant

i don’t even know why I’m bothering to reply. Wait, yes I do.

http://xkcd.com/386/

I so wish that wasn’t me.

fangio85
    Participant

Before asking a silly question, go look into what wtc7 contained. Seriously, either do some real reserarch, or watch those videos I linked to and research the sources contained in them. Don’t ask pointless questions on here. I only said anything to begin with because you were trying to put someone down for their point of view. You can throw the “conspiracy theorist” label around as much as you like. But by not actually learning any facts to back up your argument, you reveal a label for yourself. Sheep. Funny thing is, I’m by far and away not in a small group of people who share these beliefs. It’s an anti corruption movement that is growing exponentially, and people far smarter than you or I have joined this movement. Read ‘diary of an economic hitman’, written by an ex FBI agent. Also, learn about common law and its application in todays society. I’m done with this. If you aren’t willing to learn, how can anyone teach you? In time you will see, but for now, if you don’t open your eyes, you cannot possibly understand.

fangio85
    Participant

I’ll finish with this: as people, we only know what were told. You then have a choice to be gullible, and just accept what you’re told as gospel truth. Or you can try to educate yourself, to come to your own conclusions. The more you look into these things (provided you are capable of accepting you may not know it all), the more shocking things you will find. Asking how these things could possibly be true, you will find the answers to be equally shocking, and disgusting. We live in a hugely corrupt world. The anti corruption movement has grown by millions in less than a decade, and its snowballing, as more and more people realise they are being played for fools. To dismiss it like you have, shows extreme arrogance. I know far more intelligent people than myself who are a part of this movement. And, I only got into it by being argumentative against some of these people, until the arguments they put forward were just too well structured, and too rooted in fact, for me to ignore anymore. Once I followed their advice and looked into it. I learned a lot. Despite going into it being very skeptical.

Aish Heydrich
    Participant

@silence: Yes I’m totally surprised myself, and I’m also not reading any of them, because tl;dr, less facts, more opinions.

Loup Garou
    Participant

I think I have it now! This ‘conspiracy’ that Fangio85 is referring to involves the US Government, the collapse of the Twin Towers, Al Quaeda, Adrian Newey, Reb Bull Team and Seb Vettel. After successfully collasping their own Twin Towers, the USG must have passed the tech know-how to Newey to use it to boost the KERS in Vettel’s car to achieve virtual Traction Control. Ingenious and there is nothing in the F1A rulebook that says this is illegal.

Nick
    Participant

@fangio85

Funny thing is, I’m by far and away not in a small group of people who share these beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

I know far more intelligent people than myself who are a part of this movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_accomplishment

I could go on, but I think you’ll probably have reasons not to click on Wikipedia links, because the government is behind that too. Basically, what you are implying is the following; we all think alike, you once thought like us as well, but some other people told you something, now you agree with them instead of whatever you have defined as the norm and you somehow think that true critical thinking is about agreeing with others still.

I am not dismissing the thesis of living in a corrupt world or not being told everything by institutions; I am dismissing the idea of following a certain dogma, of which ‘conspiracy theorist’ is indeed a very common one these days. However, as I put forward in my previous post, I do not understand why most people such as yourself, who claim to promote ‘thinking for yourself’ suggest we check out certain dogma-approved resources and join a certain stance on something because a growing group of people with smart ones in there as well, since that has little to do with thinking for ourselves. If the size of the group and the intellectuals part of it really matter, why question what the masses believe? Or is this about being different? If it is about being open minded and skeptical; why brand us sheep? Show us the error of our ways, don’t go all ‘you don’t understand me, mom, this isn’t a phase!’ on us.

Regardless, when Vettel came out in front of Grosjean today and Webber overtook him, I was bummed out. Not because Red Bull is in conspiracy with Satan, but because they are ahead of everyone else right now. Really would have liked to see Grosjean win his first race, though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How bout the good ole dancing Israeli’s video? Secrets are kept by keeping only certain people in the loop. Sometimes, you will only know one small part of it. The argument that the government couldn’t possibly keep such a big secret/lie going is just not valid. Yes, their sex lives get splashed all over the media, but what are you saying? The govermnet has nothing that is truly top secret? hahah. They just can’t “keep” secrets. Ridiculous.

I have realized 9/11 is not a fencepost position. You can either see through the blatant lies, or you can’t. Simple. Very few people are swayed either way.

For all the non believers, there are thousands of pilots, architects, engineers, firefighters, police, and military personal who do not agree with you.

And for people who refuse to even look at videos of wtc7 blatantly being blown up, you are just simply scared, scared to think that the world might not work as how you were told.

Nick
    Participant

Again, exactly how are you a bringer of truth when all you say is ad populum, ad hominem and appeal to accomplishment? ‘these people can’t be wrong’ is a terrible reason to take a stance on something, and thinking that anyone who has thought about a subject must come to the same conclusion as you is just as ignorant as the people you claim are sheep. Tell me, ‘if you look at x, you must come to the conclusion y, if not, you are a sheep’ doesn’t sound very scientific, does it? Where are the peer reviewed publications? Or does sittingon the other side of the fence, crying shame, lift you from any burden of proof?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@abdurahman

For all the non believers, there are thousands of pilots, architects, engineers, firefighters, police, and military personal who do not agree with you.

Likewise, if you’re a Windows or OSX user, I can say “A LOT of people disagree that the 2 leading desktop OSes are better than Haiku, or perhaps GNU/Linux, or BSD“, but you’ll stay with Windows. Am I supposed to now call you a non-believer? A conformist? No, quite frankly I don’t think I should.

Again, exactly how are you a bringer of truth when all you say is ad populum, ad hominem and appeal to accomplishment?

Likewise (“Oh, wait! I forgot to look at what the title of this thread is!” seriously, take a look at it now :p), if you disagree with what Minardi said about the TC, then you’re not suddenly an RBR-loving conformist or anything like that – and anybody agreeing with Giancarlo (about the TC, of course!) isn’t an RBR-hating conformist(note that I’m not using this paragraph to really argue against a specific post here, I’m just adding a note).

Having said that, let’s move half (probably more, actually) of this thread into somewhere in the off-topic section, and pray to God that the F1F servers don’t get overloaded.

Anyway, @npf1

Tell me, ‘if you look at x, you must come to the conclusion y, if not, you are a sheep’ doesn’t sound very scientific, does it?

It is scientific – albeit in that it shows how the human brain works: What is said by the one who is perceived as the leader is what is perceived by another one’s brain to be true :p

As for whether or not Mr.Marko’s team is using KERS as TC….

Perhaps Newey is thinking,”What? KERS for TC? Let me try it! Whoever thought of it must be very clever!”

And in a few months the media will [perhaps] say “It’s true, Newey uses KERS for TC”, when in reality he got the idea from whoever the “conspiracy theorist” was. Imagine what that will be like!

MazdaChris
    Participant

Arguing with a truther is pointless. You may as well argue with a Cristian that there isn’t a God. Being a truther is a lot like being the subject of religious indoctrination; it’s specifically based on the rejection of things like logic, reason, and scientific understanding, so using these things as a means of exposing the flaws in their arguments is ineffective. Their belief is in a fantasy world which is fundamentally more interesting than the real one we all live in, where they happen to be in possession of a special kind of truth which makes them feel elevated above a normal person. To destroy this belief system is to convince them that the world is normal and they are not at all special. Specifally the reality they are trying to escape from.

Nick
    Participant

@DavidnotCoulthard

As long as we don’t get Alex Jones on our back, I think the F1Fanatic server will be fine. :P To be honest, I am a little surprised Keith hasn’t closed it, but if he choses not to, maybe it needs to be moved to the off-topic ‘not really’ discussion part. It’s been fun, though!

I think I’ve heard about people actually doing something because it was rumored about them, but never in a conspiracy setting. It’d be fun to read Newey or Byrne getting their ideas from F1 forums, though, ‘it might be crazy enough to work’.

@mazdachris Well said, but typically religious people are opening up to being practically faithful. Truthers seek any platform there is to state their claims and refute any other ideas. I too think ‘being special’ takes a great place in the psychology of conspiracy theorists, I mean, they are the only ones who are typically not active in any fields of science of government, but are hellbent on proclaiming to be knowledgeable in such a field. I often find their reasoning to not tranced the Ancient Aliens method of deduction: ‘this is impressive by the standards of those people; it must be aliens who helped them.’ or ‘similar people in different regions in similar stages of social development had similar images of man with animal-like features! It must be the theory we introduced 30 seconds ago.’.

Which leads to a somewhat relevant point; let’s be honest, we’re not all engineers and aerodynamicists on here. I think some people will trust the FIA and local stewards to check the Red Bull for being legal, while others with a similar lack of understanding of the finer details of engineering or aerodynamics will resort to ‘I’m not saying it’s aliens; but it’s aliens’ reasoning.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’ve heard about people actually doing something because it was rumored about them, but never in a conspiracy setting.

…until the post about open mindedness led to posts about 9/11, which almost naturally led to posts about conpiracies :)

MazdaChris
    Participant

All we need now is for someone to call someone else a Nazi and this thread will have officially reached its ultimate conclusion.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.