F1

It's Over

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Calum
    Participant

Compare Nico, above, and me.

Nico – Rosberg fan

Me – Hamilton fan

2009, Button dominance – Me happy

2011, Vettel dominance – Nico happy

It’s awesome when your countryman does well, but it’s much better when your fave driver is going well!!

Vettel’s my favorite driver Nico’s second, it’s just boring only focusing on the world champion though, surely you like other drivers other than Lewis?.

I’ve been watching F1 too long to just be a 1 driver supporter now, it’s not jumping ship or anything. Supported vettel since 2007, Nico since 09, Di Resta since DTM and Perez at GP2.

Btw I’m not German lol…

Calum
    Participant

I assumed you were German :L

Of course, I like Nico Rosberg, and Sergio Perez too!!

lol I get that a lot Calum

d3v0
    Participant

Statistics don’t lie! they mentioned this during the 5Live coverage of Free Practice 1 regarding the 8 drivers who have won the first three races of the season and gone on to win the the WDC:

Fangio – 1954, 1957 (skipped Indianapolis)

Senna – 1991

Mansell – 1992

Schumi – 1994, 2000, 2004

Hill – 1996

Todfod
    Participant

Has there ever been a driver who has won the first 3 races of the season, and ended up losing the WDC?

Enigma
    Participant

You’re right, the season is over. Another boring race, dominated by Vettel. The title race is over…

RIISE

You’re right, the season is over. Another boring race, dominated by Vettel. The title race is over…

Don’t be an idiot…Vettel will most likely still win the majority of the races.

nik

I’m about to watch todays race, know the result, so I feel we might be revisiting this thread again :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Has there ever been a driver who has won the first 3 races of the season, and ended up losing the WDC?”

I’m not sure but the closest I can think of is Damon Hill who nearly lost it.

Bigbadderboom
    Participant

@ nik, you said earlier that you have never seen an update that brought a second of pace to a car, McLaren it is argued updated their car from tests at Melbourne and altough we don’t definitive information, it is accepted that they found a bucket load of pace. Don’t underestimate McLaren,Ferrari or Mercedes, I have said before that the RB7 may well be a developed car and the other 3 mian contenders ma have plenty of potential to unlock, especially the more revolutionary McLaren. In years where we have major changes to the regs we often see jumps in performance as teams understand an learn to interpit the info they get from the first races. Combine that with the new tyres and various compounds and I think there is much left to unfold.

If Red Bull can’t get their head around this KERS issue that seems to be plagueing them then in 3 weeks there advantage could be cut right down. Having said that, if Seb got away cleanly today and stuck to his 3 stop plan he probably would have dominated again today. But I think there are far too many variables and lots of twists and turns (excuse the pun) to write off the challenge of any of the 4 main teams.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Vettel is streaking ahead in the championship with no clear second-place driver to chase him down. The RB is getting faster each weekend and the chasing pack isn’t getting closer.

How would you like your words, sir? We had fry them, steam them, grill them, roast them, or you can simply have them raw.

Enigma
    Participant

@Steph @Todfod Nope, never. Every time a driver won the opening 3 races he went on to win the title.

Bigbadderboom
    Participant

@ Enigma, but we have never had so many races with this points system either! All to race for still!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh please, PM, this race has not changed anything yet. Vettel is still almost a whole win ahead and in Turkey he will be back to winning ways, guaranteeing his advantage to become >1 win.

From a long-term view Vettel is simply unstoppable and 2012 doesn’t look like much change. I would not be surprised if Vettel becomes a three-time champion up to the introduction of the new rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.