F1

martins singapore walkabout

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

Correct me if i,m wrong but was that the first time Hamilton has been interviewed by MB just before the start of a race? If it was, was it a case of Hamilton approaching the beeb for his own ends, if so, MB should have told him to s…..!

I wonder when the next time LH will avail himself, next season, maybe!

Icthyes
    Participant

It was to show a commemoration on his helmet of two friends of his who died…

Antony Butler
    Participant

Well considoring Lewis wanted to talk about his dead friends and the message on the top of his helmet i think its entirely reasonable for him to approach the BBC to talk about it

sbl on tour
    Participant

Icthyes and Butler, with all due respect youse didnt answer the question that I was posing.

S.J.M
    Participant

Im pretty sure that Lewis doesnt like giving interviews on the grid pre-race, if i remember thats what BBC have said before. So, when will the next time be? who knows, but its the 1st race for a long, long time he’s given one.

Ratboy
    Keymaster

They did answer the question, Lewis wanted to show his respect for his sadly dead friends and the BBC obliged.

Brundle also knew Martin Hines I think so he is hardly going to say no is he.

raymondu999
    Participant

I think what butler meant was, Lewis requested an interview to show his helmet. But I could be talking rubbish.

raymondu999
    Participant

Also, it was NOT the first time he did a grid walk. I remember he did in…. Abu Dhabi 2009. 1.5 years back :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some drivers just don’t want to be interviewed on the grid before the race. I don’t know if it’s just the BBC (or Brundle), but you never see Michael Schumacher on these things.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.