F1

Red Bull Ring (A1 Ring) Opening Festival

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TommyB
    Participant

A video from the opening of the Red Bull Ring. Includes Christian Horner, Adrian Newey, Helmut Marko, Mark Webber racing and then Sebastian Vettel going round the track in the Red Bull show car.

http://youtu.be/bw7mXWt68S4

Great to see F1 back at the A1-Ring. Would love them to race there again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7mXWt68S4&feature=player_detailpage#t=88s Clever logo.

I like playing on this track in F1 games, but I never saw racing here, but I’d love it too if they raced here again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There were Niki Lauda and Gerhard Berger too!

ed24f1
    Participant

That’s an impressive event they put together just for a track opening!

I agree it would be nice to have F1 return here, even if it’s only a one-off.

ed24f1
    Participant

I just found out that Red Bull will celebrate their 25th birthday next year.

Maybe that can be the ‘excuse’ for hosting a one-off Austrian GP I mentioned?

Icthyes
    Participant

Great video and my thoughts confirmed, still the same boring track!

sbl on tour
    Participant

a couple of points from the video,

1 it rained, no change there then,

2 didnt see much of joe public, just the normal movers and shifters

3 celebrities arnt much kop when you dont know who there are

4 vettel , pushing the porsche,magic, cant see alonso or herr schu doing that!

5 marko and berger, enough said

6 whats the betting marko TOLD bernie to get the red bull austian gp back on the calender asap

7 bobby verdon roe, still the man

Icthyes, the track wasnt boring in 82, de angelis(and I was there), 76 john watson, penske and 75 the monza gorilla and the beta march!

S.J.M
    Participant

sbl, its not exactly the same track from the 70’s/80s though as (im sure you know) been heavily changed since then. Perhaps we’re all just looking at it with rose-tinted specs, but this one could look just like anyother track elsewhere in Europe or Asia,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.