F1

Rosberg's Place In History

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

The greatest driver to be absolutely eclipsed by his teammate? :P

Kingshark
    Participant

@xtwl
    Personally, I rate Rosberg at least on par with Button, while I rate Webber and Barrichello a tier below that.

Rosberg has never had any seasons like Webber in 2011 and 2013, or Barrichello in 2001 and 2004.

PorscheF1
    Participant

@Kingshark, yet. :) But let’s not rattle up that discussion again.

I think of Rosberg and Button as respectable F1 drivers, no legends of the sport though.

I think that as soon as Ferrari is just a tad closer Rosberg will still get a victory here and there but the points diff to Hamilton will be bigger as Vettel will sneak in between.

Kingshark
    Participant

@xtwl
    It’s the other way around. The less dominant Mercedes is, the points gap between Hamilton and Rosberg decreases. Rosberg’s closest season to Hamilton has still been 2013.

Take Malaysia for instance. Hamilton finished a few seconds in front of Rosberg as he has done so many times this season, but because Vettel won, Rosberg only lost 3 points to Hamilton instead of the usual 7.

PorscheF1
    Participant

@kingshark, I’m more expecting the kind of situation where Vettel finishes second because he is better than Rosberg. But Hamilton with the still better Mercedes will finish ahead.

Kingshark
    Participant

@xtwl
    The margin between Hamilton and Rosberg is rarely more than a few seconds across a race distance. It’s not like Webber who would regularly finish 30 seconds behind Vettel. The average gap – when Hamilton has won – has been 3.1 seconds to Rosberg. That’s a small gap for Vettel to fit in. Generally speaking, if Vettel has the pace to beat Rosberg, he will have the pace to beat Hamilton (Malaysia being the perfect example of that).

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.