F1

Success ballast?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    wilky

Could having success ballast like in the btcc be a good idea or would it be unfair as some tracks would notice more of a disadvantage than others?

Absolutely, definitely not. You should not be punished for success in Formula 1.

Vettel could run away with every single race this year and win all 19 races and still nothing should be changed regulations-wise to try and prevent that. The Red Bull is ridiculously fast, but we all just have to dealwithit.gif.

butterdori
    Participant

No, no, no and no. So what if Vettel ends up winning 19 races. You should be punishing (not penalties I mean) other teams for letting him do that, not the other way around.

James_mc
    Participant

No. Success must be rewarded if anything. I would possibly be in favour of success ballast in the form of an ultra-powerful KERS system however… :-)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I gather that ‘success ballast’ is basically a term for trying to address the balance of the points in the table by penalising the front-runners in some way to reduce their future chances of success?

butterdori
    Participant

@AndrewTanner It’s extra weight for more successive cars

91jb12
    Participant

definately not. never used in f1, never needed and artificial.

wilky

point very much taken, i suppose the glorious history of F1 (lotus, ferrari, mclaren, williams, etc being dominant) is down to design talent.

nooooooooo, thats just wrong. yuck! you make me sick for even uttering it.

Scribe
    Participant

HELL NO! Look what happened to the BTCC. That is all.

Hare
    Participant

naaaah… that’s up there with : ‘Lets tie a HUGE elastic rubber bands to the back of the fastest cars…………’

NO!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

No, never! Success ballast is baaaaaaddddd.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

The concensus is that this is a daft idea and i’m not gonna disagree. Fairly stupid rule.

dennis
    Participant

They did that in the old DTM (might still be doing today? No idea… Stopped watching because … lame)

In the old days it was pretty terrible in my opinion. Because you bought tickets to see your favourite driver race for a victory, but since he won 3, or 4 races beforehand he had to drive around with a whole bathtub full of water in the back, to give another driver a chance of winning.

I rather see 5 years of one-driver dominance again then having to endure this stupid rule again.

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I’d like to think FOTA are intelligent enough to ensure that it’s not a one horse race for 5 years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.