Going to the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang

Going to the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Tommo

@ Jon +1 for the women to shop while we watch the cars. Keeps everyone happy.

Jon
    Participant

Totally agree I dont think she was too keen onto f1 anyway. Might workout a bad move in that she might spend all our spending money over the weekend. lol.

Guys any thoughts on where I should Buy tickets from online all purchase when I arrive. Thanks again.

Journeyer
    Participant

@hendo1: Can’t go wrong with the official site: http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/

As for where to sit, I sat at Crystal when I was there – worked a treat! You can also go for K1 if you want a wider view of the track. You can check out pictures at the website.

Jon
    Participant

Thanks Journeyer being the first time I have had know idea.

Ken Fudge
    Participant

I’m heading to Malaysia for the race and I’m looking at buying seats in the K1 grandstand… I’d appreciate your input/experiences if you’ve sat in the grandstand before. Should we sit high or low, block A end, middle block f, or block r end?

Thanks race fans!

Tommo

Hey Ken,

if you use the SIC seat viewer, that gives a rough idea of what you will see. But the K1 seems to be the best for action and overall view.

ija
    Participant

hello! Going for the fifth year, i’m from malaysia btw. just some info for those who are interested to catch the drivers, Merc petronas will have meet and greet session @ KLCC (Kuala Lumpur) onWed 5.30pm & Caterham Pavilion KL Wed 2.30pm (walking distance between those two places. On Friday @ 5.45-6.45pm free Public Pit Walk at Sepang International Circuit…who knows your fav driver will still be there but definitely u can catch the cars upclose in their garages. Sunday on race day autograph session starting 12 noon. I’m still looking if Lotus have any promo event since Proton Malaysia is part of their owner :)

EternalSunshine
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys! The complete list of the autograph sessions are posted in the Malaysian GP website. :)

This will be my first time in Malaysia. I’ll be watching from Grandstand F. I know there are TV screens there, but should I still rent FanVision? And given where I am, how do I get to their stall?

Also, is there only one entrance to the race track? How do I get to and from Grandstand F? If there’s a shuttle, can I hop on and off freely?

Thanks!

Tommo

Just sorted my FanVision rentals online. Anyone know what the deposit costs? i know you get it back just want to know how much RM to take to track, dont like using credit cards overseas where possible.

Its going to be a blast. will be doing a twitter/blog for this as i wont be doing it again. come and catch up in KL and follow. Tommo@Number20six , still quite new to it. i been following Keith also. The VIP afterparty should be very interesting although i have read and heard only the tail end drivers attend, still will be good to chat to them.

desinole
    Participant

Guys, this could be a little late, but I am going to the GP. Tourism Malaysia happened to be giving out free tickets to American Tourists. Check http://www.tourismmalaysiausa.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/113-monsoon-cup

Anyone else in the Citrine Stands?

sesku
    Participant

Lucky American. Just call and get the ticket, no contest, no quiz whatsoever.

desinole
    Participant

Well you have to be travelling to KL around the time of the GP, so I guess it evens out. ;)

ija
    Participant

Not sure about fanvision rentals but hopefully they’re going to have the booth at mall area/ F1 village because the screen is far away at Granstand F.

The shuttle bus is free around the circuit and runs continuosly and it stop for drop-offs and pick up at every gate/ grandstand. However on Sunday this can become very unreliable and a bit chaotic.

btw, on friday usually the public got free access to all grandstand regardless of your tickets.

Tommo

well F1 Rocks concert and afterparty got canned, not happy but doesnt matter, ticket was free.

i was reading about the preparations for the mass influx from this friday onwards and it got me thinking again about the best mode of transport. While the train makes sense due to not being on the road and all, i was thinking because the seats are pretty much unlimited and there are almost twice the amount of stops as the bus, would the bus be the better option? the bus is limited to x amount of seats and only stops 4 times max. so i been thinking maybe the bus is the better way after all? can any locals clarify this for me?

sesku
    Participant

There is replacement concert called Twin Tower @ Live 2012 at KLCC. Its free. Performer include Kelis, Nicole Scherzinger, a Korean girl band and local artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.