Going to the Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay

Where to sit and where to watch at Singapore?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Mankster
    Participant

The corner just after the Singapore Sling chicane is best ( forget what turn it is). You really really clos to the cars, like 5-10meters any and its a slower part of the track so you can actually see something. Get there early to claim your spot on Sunday.

Joao Pitol
    Participant

Whos going to the Singapore GP 2012?

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Wow! I got an email from the Singapore GP people saying that they would courier my early bird tickets to me in early August a week ago. They arrived on the 2nd by courier all nicely packaged and, importantly, correct. Say what you like but they really know how to run a shop!

Eyen Paune
    Participant

I also got the email from SISTIC that my early bird tickets will be couriered this August but I haven’t received the tickets up to now. Hopefully it will arrive in the next week. I’m so excited!

snapper

I just purchased tickets for Turn 1 A5 and was assigned row 2 for the race this year. For anyone who has sat in T1 A4-A6, should I try to request a higher row or is the fence not that distracting at that low of a row?

Wade
    Participant

I am only new to hear but there is a fair bit of info on here regarding seats at Singapore, some people like been close/down low to track while others prefer up higher. I would probably go a bit higher as you will have less chance of obstructions from marshall flag points and the fence, you will probably see more from up higher as well, but they may also depend on the stand and position. I have not been to Singpore yet so cant comment on T1. It may be to late to ask these questions if you already bought tickets, its worth a try if you want to relocate.

Alex green
    Participant

I’ll be back in Singapore next Tuesday if anybody has any questions about tickets I’ll try and pop into the ticket office on orchard road and ask them for you if I can

Mankster
    Participant

They have accommodated seat changes and trade ups to other stands in the past, so you should be fine if you want to change tickets.

codesurge
    Participant

@snapper Higher seats are slightly breezier, which helps a bit given the heat and humidity!

snapper

Thanks for all the tips, I think I will call and try to get a higher row in T1A5. Any suggested row I should aim for – in the middle like row 12 or go all the way to the top like row 24?

Eyen Paune
    Participant

I think I’ll try the Bay Grandstand this year. I had the zone 4 walkabout last year, which is ok as it gives you flexibility to roam around. But you need to be in the circuit early to get a good spot in the viewing platforms, especially on race day. The Bay Grandstand looks like it’s a good value. Which area in the grandstand would be good seats?

codesurge
    Participant

@snapper I’m not sure if a higher row allows you to get a better view of the pits/pit exit from T1, so it’s worth finding out if you can.

@eyenpau I tried moving around the Bay Grandstand on a Friday and found that the section where the cars go under you is quite.. unique. You can feel the vibrations through your seat as the cars pass underneath the grandstand. For the novelty factor alone, I think it’s worth it IMHO.

fishfingers
    Participant

Got a Bay Grandstand ticket but it might get pretty boring sat in the same seat for 3 days…

Do they check tickets for people accessing the bleachers? Can grandstand ticket holders get on them and spectate from there? I’m mainly thinking I might do that on the Friday in Zone 4.

DaveG
    Participant

I was there last year (and will be again this year). From what I recall, your Bay Grandstand Ticket includes Zone 4 and Zone 3 Walkabout access and there are at least 2 viewing platforms in Zone 4. I don’t remember any checks as these are in the “public” areas. If you come in via Gate 3 (City Hall) and walk straight ahead towards the Bay stand, they are stiuated on your right. Just for info, there are checks on paid grandstand access over and above access to the circuit.

For what it’s worth, the view across the Bay from the grandstand is pretty amazing with laser and light displays on the commercial buildings and the waterfront

Mankster
    Participant

Yes every ticket gives access to all walkout area bleachers in the zones indicted on the back of your ticket. So all grandstand ticket holders can also access the walkabout areas.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.