Pastor Maldonado will continue to drive for Lotus next year, the team have confirmed.
Team principal Federico Gastaldi said Maldonado will remain with the team for a second year in a Q&A on the team’s website.
“I can confirm 50% of our driver line-up for 2015 as Pastor is with us for next year,” said Gastaldi.
“Despite the difficulties we’ve had so far this season, he recognises our true potential as a team and we recognise his true potential as a driver. We will achieve great things together.”
Lotus have suffered a difficult start to the season and scored only eight point so far, all of which were earned by Maldonado’s team mate Romain Grosjean.
“Romain is well aware of the prowess of Enstone after having finished on the podium for the past two years in one of our cars,” said Gastaldi. “Pastor was new to the team for this year but he recognises the potential of the squad.”
View the updated list of 2015 F1 drivers and teams
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015
Browse all 2015 F1 season articles
Image © Lotus/LAT