The team formerly known as Marussia, which missed the final three races of last year due to a lack of funds, has filled several senior technical positions.
Bob Bell, previously a technical director at Mercedes and briefly the team principal at Renault, will provide input as a technical consultant for the team. Bell stepped down from his role at Mercedes early last year.
Luca Furbatto, who spent over ten years at McLaren and most recently worked as chief designer at Toro Rosso, has joined Manor as head of design, and will report to the team’s existing technical director John McQuilliam.
Former Caterham head of engineering operations Gianluca Pisanello has also been appointed as chief engineer. Pisanello previously worked for Toyota’s Formula One team.
2015 F1 season
- How a secret Mercedes engine mode helped pressure Vettel into a race-ending puncture
- Over 100 driver penalties issued in record-breaking 2015
- Part-time racer? The facts of Hamilton’s ‘jet-set lifestyle’
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2015 season review
- Your favourite – and least favourite – F1 races of 2015