Formula One’s official tyre supplier has confirmed the compounds which will be available for drivers in rounds five to eight of this year’s championship.
The hardest available compounds will be used for the fifth race of 2017 at the Circuit de Catalunya, where the teams are concluding pre-season testing today. Of the first eight races, Spain is currently the only one where the hard tyre will make an appearance.
In Monaco and Canada teams will be offered the three softest compounds of tyres. For F1’s return to Azerbaijan the super-soft, soft and medium compounds will be used.
2017 tyre compounds
|Circuit||2016 tyres||2017 tyres|
2017 F1 season
- Sepang pays Haas compensation for Grosjean’s 2017 crash
- Williams revenues rose in 2017 after Bottas deal with Mercedes
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year
- “Grand Prix Driver” takes you inside McLaren’s nightmare final year with Honda
- Undisputed champion: 10 titles name Hamilton top driver of 2017