Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have again chosen more sets of the softest tyre available for next week’s Japanese Grand Prix than any of their rivals.Lance Stroll and Sergey Sirotkin have nine each.
Mercedes have been more conservative in their selection with two sets of mediums each for Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas, and just seven of the super-softs.
However McLaren has gone to the extreme in this respect, selecting just four sets of the super-soft and the same number of mediums – twice as many as any other team.
2018 Japanese Grand Prix tyre selections
|Daniel Ricciardo||Red Bull|
|Max Verstappen||Red Bull|
|Sergio Perez||Force India|
|Esteban Ocon||Force India|
|Carlos Sainz Jnr||Renault|
|Pierre Gasly||Toro Rosso|
|Brendon Hartley||Toro Rosso|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year