Formula 1’s official tyre supplier Pirelli has confirmed it will bring the second-softest tyres in its range for the fFrench Grand Prix.
The C2/C3/C4 mix has been Pirelli’s preferred selection of its revised 2019 tyre range so far. This is the fourth race it has been chosen four of the eight rounds for which the tyre selections have been made.
The C4 tyre is comparable to last year’s ultra-soft, which is the softest tyre Pirelli brought to France as well. However the other two tyres are harder than their equivalents in last year’s French GP tyre choices.
2019 F1 tyre nominations so far
|2019 tyres||2018 tyres|
|Red Bull Ring||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Circuit of the Americas||Soft||Super-soft||Ultra-soft|
|Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez||Super-soft||Ultra-soft||Hyper-soft|
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’