Alex Peroni’s car was launched onto the barrier at the exit of Parabolica after he appeared to strike a kerb at the exit of the corner. The kerb and the barrier Peroni landed on are being worked on ahead of the start of practice.
The session officially started on time but the pit lane exit will remain closed until the work at the corner has been completed.
No start time for the session has been given. Teams have been advised they will be given a five-minute warning before the session begins.
Update: The cars were sent out to start the session following a 10-minute delay.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’