McLaren’s new MCL35M has run on-track for the first time since it was revealed at the team’s headquarters yesterday.Lando Norris was first to drive the new car at Silverstone today. Daniel Ricciardo, who has joined the team for 2021, will also drive the car during one of McLaren’s allocated ‘filming days’.
McLaren became the first team to reveal its new car for the 2021 F1 season yesterday. They have changed engine suppliers, from Renault to Mercedes, and face the challenge of fully integrating the new power unit with a car which was designed for different hardware.
They have hit the track for the first time almost a month before official pre-season testing begins at the Bahrain International Circuit on March 12th.
Pictures: McLaren MCL35M first track run
This article will be updated
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Video: First look at McLaren’s MCL35M
Images: McLaren via Twitter
2021 F1 season
- Pit stop problems costing Ferrari “quite a lot of points” – Sainz
- Aston Martin consider weight-saving livery tweaks as F1 cars edge towards 800kg
- Andretti takeover of Alfa Romeo’s F1 team will not go ahead
- How the real change F1 needs to cut its emissions was revealed by the pandemic
- Sold-out crowd of 380,000 at COTA shows F1 can add third US race – Brawn