Dan Fallows will join Aston Martin from Red Bull on April 2nd after the two teams reached a settlement over the aerodynamicist’s notice period.
The two teams have now reached an agreement which will see Fallows take up his new position at the Silverstone team in April, after the 2022 F1 season has begun.
“We would like to thank Dan for his many years of excellent service and wish him well for the future,” said Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.
Group CEO of Aston Martin Performance Technologies Martin Whitmarsh said the team is “pleased to have reached an agreement with Red Bull which releases Dan early from his contract and are looking forward to him joining the team.”
Fallows was involved in a similar dispute when he left McLaren to join Red Bull in 2014. At Aston Martin he will be reunited with another Red Bull engineer recruited by the team, Andrew Alessi, who is their new head of technical operations.
“I’ve enjoyed many happy years at Red Bull Racing and am proud of what we achieved,” said Fallows. “I am looking forward to next season and a new challenge.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- The unshakeable self-belief driving Alonso’s 16-year pursuit of a third world title
- Formula 2 adds French Grand Prix support races
- F1 said it would be easy to replace the Russian Grand Prix, so why didn’t they?
- F1 scraps plan to replace cancelled Russian Grand Prix
- Why TecPro barriers weren’t used at Miami chicane where Sainz and Ocon crashed