Callum Ilott has confirmed he will not return to the Juncos Hollinger IndyCar team for the 2024 IndyCar season.
After finishing the 2022 season 20th in the standings, the team targeted an improvement this year as it expanded to a two-car line-up, adding rookie Agustin Canapino to its line-up. He and Ilott clashed on more than one occasion during the season, including in the season finale.
Ilott started and ended the year with his best finishes, taking fifth each time. He ended the year 16th in the standings.
The team subsequently announced Canapino had been retained for another year, but today Ilott confirmed he will move on.
“My time at Juncos Hollinger racing has come to an end,” he said in a post on social media.
“I would like to thank all the incredibly hard-working individuals within JHR for their huge effort and support since I joined them for the final three races in 2021.”
Ilott joined the team after finishing second in Formula 2 to Mick Schumacher, then briefly racing GTs. He has not confirmed his plans for 2024.
“I greatly appreciate the opportunity that I had to step into the world of IndyCar and be a part of building something from the ground up,” he said. “I wish them all the best for the future.
“As for my future, my eyes are fully fixed on 2024 and the journey that follows.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
- Pictures: Palou leads IndyCar Sebring test as drivers adjust to lighter cars
- Ilott gets McLaren test call-up as team seeks substitute for Malukas
- Malukas expected to miss McLaren debut after surgery on wrist
- IndyCar moves final race from Nashville street track to oval
- Why IndyCar drivers fear new hybrids could prove a “season-killer” for them