F1 Games

F1 2016 F1 Fanatic Championship

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I respect hardcore online sim racing – after all, I’ve done enough of it in my time – but the thing about the Collantine Cup was that it was intended to be more casual. The emphasis was on fun, accesible, community-oriented racing. So we had no damage allowed and no ‘stewards’ investigating incidents. It wasn’t supposed to be that seriously.

It was just a group of people getting together to enjoy eight races over the off-season. Good, relaxed fun. I think it was the right approach for what we wanted on here and I think we had a heck of a lot of fun with it.

If I was going to reboot the Cup, I would be intending to stick to the same approach of not having damage or pit line speeding penalties and not having a calendar bigger than eight races.

If that’s what a lot of people here would want, then I might consider giving it a shot with this new game.

McWoblin
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can find a F1 2016 league for the xbox 1?

WheelToWheel
    Participant

After some long consideration, I have come to the conclusion that a fun, entertaining championship needs to conme. F1 2016 has been great, but career mode is the only game mode that I play. I think we could reserruct the Collantine Cup from the dead and re-start for a season 5.

The rule’s are as following,
    All assists are allowed
    Equal cars
    One shot qualifying
    5 lap race or 25 percent race?
    PS4 only

So if your interested please leave a reply and if we get around 10 or 12 players minimum we shall think about rebooting the championship :)

David-A
    Participant

@lolzerbob , I like the idea of having one shot qualifying. My idea would be having 2 races a week if the races are 25%. Then it can run for 5-6 weeks to have 10-12 races in the season. I would be playing on PS4.

Alex
    Participant

Count me in, sounds like fun!

Paulzx
    Participant

Is there a current PS4 F1 2016 championship running on here? Seems a bit confusing reading all the various posts etc

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.