F1

Abu Dhabi Young Drivers’ Test

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Enigma
    Participant

Red Bull: Vergne all three days
    Toro Rosso: Day one Coletti, day two Ceccon, day three Coletti (am) and Ceccon (pm)

What else are we certain about?

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Adrian Quaife-Hobbs is definitely driving for Marussia as a prize for being the top Manor GP3 driver. He will be joined by the team’s reserve, Rob Wickens. Charles Pic, rumoured to replace d’Ambrosio at Marussia, might run on one of the days.

Lotus (Éric Bouiller’s team) will field Gravity-backed Kevin Korjus for a day or two alongside aforementioned Formula Renault 3.5 series rival Rob Wickens. The latter is driving for Lotus as a reward for winning the FR3.5 crown.

Caterham have confirmed Alexander Rossi and Luiz Razia (both of whom will drive in the GP2 final for Caterham’s GP2 team). Not confirmed but likely to make an appearance on one of the three days is Angolan test driver Ricardo Teixeira.

Sauber will run well-funded Swiss driver Fabio Leimer on one day and on the other days Mexican reserve Esteban Gutierrez will be at the wheel.

Formula 2 champion Mirko Bortolotti will be at Williams as a prize test. He’ll be joined by the team’s reserve, Valtteri Bottas.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Ferrari: Bianchi, (Rigon?)

McLaren: (Paffet?) (Turvey?) (Parente?) (Nasr?) (Sims?)

Red Bull: Vergne

STR: Ceccon, Coletti

Force India: (Felix da Costa?) (Melker?) (Buurman?)

Sauber: Gutierrez, Leimer

Marussia: Quaife-Hobbs, Wickens, (Pic?)

Mercedes: (Bird?) (Vietoris?) (Ericsson?) (Nasr?) (Jaafar?)

Caterham: Rossi, Razia, (Teixeira?) (Gonzalez?) (Valsecchi?)

Lotus: Korjus, Wickens, (Hartley?) (Charouz?) (Fauzy?) (Müller?) (Haryanto?) (Melker?)

Williams: Bottas, Bortolotti

HRT: (Gonzalez?) (Cecotto?) (Valsecchi?) (Král?) (Leimer?)

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

There is also fresh speculation that Pic will test for Force India and Vietoris will test for the Lotus Renault team.

Enigma
    Participant

@Portugoose Thanks for clearing it up mate! I hope McLaren give a young talent a chance rather than giving the seat to Paffet again…

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Also, Bianchi, a frontrunner for the 2012 Williams seat, could test for Williams (thus allowing Rigon to do some running).

@Enigma Cheers, Enigma! It’d be a shame if Paffet tested AGAIN.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

If Bianchi spends a day at Williams and Rigon is unfit to drive, I’m interested to see who will replace him. Will it be Ceccon, Maïsano, or Marciello? (Question for @fixy )

Anonymous
    Inactive

I personally don’t see the reason Bianchi should drive for Williams. What are Williams’ ties to Ferrari?
    Anyway, I have no idea, @portugoose! Rigon is their simulator driver, and should he be unfit to drive I guess either Marciello or Maisano have the same chances of being in his seat. Maybe someone else who has no ties with Ferrari (yet)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, Ceccon has only one day when he isn’t on duty at STR, so Ferrari would still need another driver for the other two days.
    Maybe when Bortolotti isn’t on duty at Williams he can have a return to Ferrari, as he was one of their young drivers in 2010.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Williams shareholder Toto Wolff said that they are eyeing Raikkonen, Bianchi, and Sutil for Barrichello’s seat.

But yeah, I see either Ceccon or Marciello (because he beat Maïsano in Italian F3 this year) getting that seat.

On that note, I wish for a speedy recovery for Rigon, who I think is still injured from his crash in Turkey.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.