F1

How Much Do Companies Pay For F1 Advertising ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    australian
    Participant

I am refering to examples like of Vodafone/for Mclaren, Kingfisher/ Force India, Infiniti/ Redbull, Shell/ Ferrari & then also smaller sponsors like Henri lloyd MBenz, Speedweek Toro Rosso/ Reebox/ Force India…. No doubt it’s a shotload, but I have always wondered in more accurate terms….Thanks

dam00r
    Participant

Have been wondering that too.

Does anybody have the Formula Money Book?

Calum
    Participant

Lotus are paying Renault £20million per year for 5 years title sponsorship.

“Kingfisher,” “Royal Challange,” “Whyte & Mackay” and “Signature” are alcohol brands owned by United Breweries and appear on the Force India because VJ Mallya owns United Breweries and Force India.

Team Lotus have AirAsia branding, which belongs to team owner Fernades. So they don’t get money for thatt logo.

australian
    Participant

seriously, does anyone have a clue?

lots.

Calum
    Participant

Marlboro pay Ferrari £56.4m per year (for 10 years from 2005) for the rights to advertise the whole of the Ferrari, but what Marlboro does is rent out the ad space, so Santander will pay Marlboro to get Santander logos on the wings and mirrors ect.

Mclaren are being paid £32m per year for title sponsorship rights to Mclaren. This deal was going to last from 2007 until 2011 for a total of £160m, but the deal has been extended further, probably at a higher rate due to Hamilton winning a title with Vodafone Mclaren colours, and also the addition of championship winner Button to the team.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article764633.ece

So you now have:

Ferrari Marlboro – £56m

Mclaren Vodafone – £32m

Renault Lotus – £20

mcmercslr
    Participant

Sponsorship also depends on where abouts the companies logo goes on the car. There used to be a thing on the BBC f1 site showing how much companies pay for certain places on the cars but I can’t remember any of the figures. The feature has gone now :(

BrawnGP
    Participant

Id love to see an add for something really small on the side of a formula 1 car like ‘mick’s tackle shop’ or something

Calum
    Participant

Mercedes are being paid €30m per year by oil company Petronas for title sponsorship. That’s about £25m sterling.

Also remember the Infiniti branding on RedBull was going to be ‘to the value of a seaso’s worth of Renault engines.’ That would mean a deal of around £7m.

This is an interesting one, the energy drink ‘HELL’ reportedly paid Williams $1.2m for half a season on their 2009 car – which is £750,000 – and the logos were quite small and on the rear wing endplate (see pic: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/skins/screenshots/lge/11-May-09-7015-GRAB_0262.JPG). That suggests that small teams are getting £1.5m per season for rear wing sponsors.

Mercedes lands €30 million Petronas sponsorship

Ferrari Marlboro – £56m

Mclaren Vodafone – £32m

Mercedes Petronas – £25m

Renault Lotus – £20

mcmercslr
    Participant

I found the feature!! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/sponsorship_guide/default.stm

dont worry i havent been looking for it for 2 weeks, it just popped into my head and i googled it. gives a basic idea of how much different positions on the car cost

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.