F1

How to watch F1 in your region

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    hunocsi
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    Hungary
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    It will temporarily move from M1 to Duna TV until July, when a new channel “M4 Sport” will launch and the coverage will move there permanently
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    All live
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? (if so, how many?)
    All live
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? (if so, how many?)
    For the past seasons only the Hungarian GP practices were shown live, FP2s were shown repeated Friday evening – M4 Sport might broadcast all practices as they should have more time for coverage, I’ll update you later in the year
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    Both free to air
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    http://www.telesport.hu/
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    Post-race live chat streamed online

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the UK Sky is £429 a year for me rather than £522. The Variety Pack with the +HD Pack gives me F1, and Sky Go too. £35.75 a month.

I don’t see SkyF1 in the channels they list so it might only be for legacy customers, but it could be worth checking.

@lockup The last time I checked that’s a legacy offer which isn’t available to new customers.

KeeleyObsessed
    Participant

United Kingdom, switching between England and Wales
    No need to include details for broadcasters from other countries whose transmissions you can receive
    BBC/Sky
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    BBC show half live with half highlights, Sky show all live
    4. Do they also show qualifying live? (if so, how many?)
    Same as 3
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live? (if so, how many?)
    BBC show practice sessions live when race is live, Sky show all sessions live
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    Imagine you’ve just bought a TV and paid any taxes or licenses necessary to operate it. What is the minimum you then have to pay per year in order to watch F1?
    Sky costs several hundred a year (never looked into it), but I’d still like to include the £140-odd I pay to watch it on the BBC.
    Both have online coverage, Sky is behind a paywall (Which can be avoided by streaming)
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options
    E.g. Apps
    Sky app, BBC Sport App, Radio, Streaming services

Doug
    Participant

1. Canada
    2. TSN 2
    3. All
    4. All
    5. FP2
    6. Not sure…
    7. Not sure…
    8. Repeats later in the day as well.

Apologies for the lack of complete info, but not being in the f1 season its the best I can do.

Retired
    Participant

1. France
    2. Canal +
    3. All races live on Canal +
    4. All qualifying sessions live on Canal + Sport
    5. All practice sessions live on Canal + Sport
    6. 25€/month (300€/year) for Canal+ and Canal + Sport. Both channels broadcast a lot more than just F1: Canal + broadcasts films, series, documentaries, sports, TV shows etc… and Canal + Sport broadcasts football, basketball, handball, F1, hockey, golf, rugby, sailing etc…
    As my wife and I share the bills, I effectively pay 12.5€/month (150€/year) for all contents.
    7. Broadcast coverage online for Canal + and Canal + Sport on PC, Mac, Tablets… via mycanal.fr
    8. RMC radio station and streaming websites such as those you know.

Thanks very much to everyone who has taken the time to reply to this so far. It is fantastic to see responses coming in from all over the world: Indonesia, Uganda, Tunisia, Namibia and more are now on the list.

I’ve got a few questions for those who’ve posted the most recent updates. I’ll try to incorporate any responses to them into the table in time for the start of the new season:

@knightameer
    (Pakistan) Can you confirm, do you pay absolutely nothing for the package that includes Star Sports, or do you have to pay for the package?

@fer-no65
    (Argentina) Do you know how much the SD subscription costs?

@royce
    Thanks for the contribution but I think I’ll have to consider cruise ships a special case and stick to territories for now!

@ddonovan
    (Ireland) I already have the info on BBC and Sky but need the prices for Setanta please

@ares
    (Canada) Can you confirm, do you pay absolutely nothing for the package that includes TSN and TSN2, or do you have to pay for the package?

@Thaischumi
    @pH (Czech Republic) There are some differences between the information you have provided – could you have a look at each other’s posts and agree which parts are correct? It would be useful if you could use the template (see below):

@Pstaffan
    (Sweden): That’s unusual – qualifying is live on TV10 but the races aren’t? Also do you not get Viasat.se if you subscribe to Viasat Motor?

@Karmen
    (Spain) Have the broadcasting arrangements changed in Spain for 2015?

@F1Lauri
    (Estonia) How much is a cable/satellite subscription in addition to the €75.96/year for Viasat Sport Baltic?

@PawelF1
    (Poland) Sorry I don’t understand how you’ve replied to the questions. Can you do one set of questions for each channel, please?

And anyone who would like to contribute can do so by posting responses to the following questions:

Please complete one set of questions for each channel/network which broadcasts F1 in your country
    If there are no channels in your country which broadcast F1, please say so and leave the rest blank
    Please don’t include details for broadcasters from other countries whose transmissions you can receive

3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number of them live, or are they delayed (if so, how many?)

4. Do they show all the qualifying sessions live or only a limited number of them live, or are they delayed (if so, how many?)

5. Do they show all the practice sessions live or only a limited number of them live, or are they delayed (if so, how many?)

Imagine you’ve just bought a TV and have already paid any taxes or licenses necessary to use it. What is the minimum you then have to pay per year in order to watch F1?

E.g. Apps

Here’s the current table:

How to watch F1 around the world

BasCB
    Participant

Hm, about the coverage in the Czech Republic (let me add/update from what @Thaischumi and @pH provided earlier), this also goes for Slowakia as far as I know.

From the 2015 season onwards free to air Nova and its pay TV sister channel will not show F1 anymore, ending FtA F1 coverage on Czech TV (and Slowak TV). The rights have been bought by Sport TV with channels Sport1/Sport2 (3 year contract).

Also included in the planned coverage is supposed to be coverage of GP2/GP3.

I must say that I haven’t been able to find how much it costs, and not even whether its just on offer through cable/satelite and O2digitalTV. I will update if I find anything about that.

Ok, so O2TV currently offer internet TV for 798 CZK/month – cca. 346 EUR/yr (or 299 (cca. 130 EUR/yr) if you already have internet from O2) and they offer you a choice of two “packages” included (choices are HBO, Sport, style, documentaries, children, …) presumably for new customers. As far as I know (haven’t looked at it now, but considered it a year or so back) you get a minimum of 24 months contract.
    O2 also offer O2 to Go for mobile devices, but I am not sure F1 is included for those in any package.

Not sure how / where to order it for Sattelite.

Pawel Wroniecki
    Participant

@keithcollantine at this moment nobody has TV right to F1 in Poland, we are waiting for official annoucment

René
    Participant

@keithcollantine re: @ares (Canada) Can you confirm, do you pay absolutely nothing for the package that includes TSN and TSN2, or do you have to pay for the package?

TSN and TSN2 (and recently TSN3, TSN4, TSN5) are not specifically free but they are part of every basic TV package (bundled channels) that come with every TV subscription with every different provider in Canada. So if you have any kind of HD TV in Canada, even the most basic (required) bundle from any provider will include TSN, TSN2, etc.

@ares OK, but presumably you don’t have to buy one of those basic packages in order to watch TV? So I’m wondering what the cheapest one of those is.

René
    Participant

@keithcollantine I’m not sure how it works across the globe, but in Canada you have to pay for at least a basic package in order to get any TV channels at all. (Maybe someone visiting this site from Canada can correct me!) It might be possible that you can get a couple of channels (CBC) without any kind of subscription but I’m not sure, and in that case I highly doubt you’d get TSN. I’m not sure if there are any other options for cable TV in Canada or if you can get TSN with an over the air HD antennae. Maybe satellite’s an option but I’m not sure.

I’ve quickly checked multiple providers across the country (Telus, Shaw, Rogers, Bell) and the cheapest package that would include TSN seems to be about $30 Canadian per month.

Dirk
    Participant

1. The Netherlands
    2. Sport 1
    3. All races live
    4. All qualifications live
    5. All practices live
    6. Depends on your network provider. A full year’s subscription will cost you between €150 (via Tele2) and €186 (via Ziggo). Most common used provider (UPC) charges €15 per month, so €180 per year, to add to the Sport 1 package into your account.
    7. Yes, Sport 1 Go. This is a monthly subscription for €10 each month. See: video.sport1.nl/formule1/clips
    8. In 2014 there also was a public channel (Veronica) which provided a summary of 1 hour on Sunday evening after the race. They also aired 2 live races, Canada and US. Up to 26-01 it’s not yet certain if there will be a race and/or summaries of the races on a public channel.

Most Dutch networks do provide BBC 1 and 2 and also RTL Germany in their standard package. So it is possible for most Dutch F1 fans to watch the races live, but only Sport 1 has Dutch commentators.

@ares Thanks for that. Have had some different estimates for the prices but will go with yours for now. Perhaps @cryptowillem and @sward28 can shed some more light:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/f1/forum/topic/how-to-watch-f1-in-your-region/page/5/#post-258959

It is tricky though because the pricing structures vary a lot from country to country.

@dirksen
    Thanks for the info. I previously had the cost of a year’s subscription down as €300 (see this from @npf1) – has that changed recently?

A quick update on UK Sky subscription prices:

SD: £562 (£46/month plus £10 installation)
    HD: £763 (£62.75/month plus £10 installation)

Data sourced from http://www.sky.com

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.