F1

How to watch F1 in your region

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

@KeithCollantine To be frank, I don’t remember where I got the €300 figure from, what @dirksen posted is correct for the current year. As he said, the prices vary from provider to provider, as seen in As before, most providers allow monthly cancellation, so it’d be possible to pay for March through November only. It also seems to be possible to just get the Sport1go online based subscription.

Worth to note is that Sport1 will also broadcast GP2, GP3, European F3, DTM, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Porsche Supercup as well as other GT and NASCAR series live. In my personal opinion, that means the subscription cost is more acceptable than before.

Estesark
    Participant

@Keithcollantine

I think the price of watching in Finland has changed this year. There used to be an online-only F1 “season pass”, which must have cost the 89,95€ @retardedf1sh quoted. Visiting the MTV Katsomo website today, I can’t find any information about that pass; instead, it says that it’s necessary to buy a “Total Sport” package to watch F1, priced as follows:

• 24 hours: 9,95€
    • One month: 29,95€
    • One month, recurring: 19,95€ / month

You’d need to be subscribed for nine months to watch the whole F1 season, bumping the total price up to 179,95€, double what it was last year. Of course, you get a lot more in the package than just F1, but that’s not much consolation if F1 is all you want to watch.

The price of the equivalent TV package seems to be 19,95€ / month as well.

Carlitox
    Participant

I’ve submitted info about my country (Uruguay) in the form. Curiously, we get exactly the same coverage as Argentina and most of Latin America, but cheaper because the SD channel is included with the base pack.
    Prices vary between providers, but I’ll put what I pay so you get an idea:
    Monthly fee: Around $U 1000, which is USD 45 or €35
    Extra fee for HD base pack: Around $U 250 which is USD 11 or €9 (This grants you access to HD race and qualy broadcasts only, not FPs. To get HD FPs, you need another HD pack which costs more or less the same)

This is what my family pays, other providers offer other prices, but ours is one of the cheapest here. Still pretty good quality but utterly horrid commentary.

I realise now how cheap our fee is compared to many European countries. Still, to our home economy, 45 dollars is A LOT. But it’s not only F1 we pay for, we get many other channels and with the base HD pack, we get HD IndyCar, Formula E and lots of Football matches. With the additional pack that gets you HD FPs, you get HD broadcasts of GP2, GP3, NASCAR, WTCC, DTM and F3 euroseries (the latter not live). For a petrolhead family like mine, this is more than enough.

René
    Participant

@KeithCollantine Also worth mentioning: in Canada we get NBC’s (pitiful) coverage from the United States. That is the “main” NBC channel, not the special NBC Sports Network which is blocked. (so it’s something like 2-3 races a year I think)

NBC is also part of any basic HD cable package as mentioned before, so around $30 CDN per month.

Andrei
    Participant

@keithcollantine @fer-no65
    Keith, clearly HD subscription cost that Fer has provided is just a typo. Cost in ARS sounds about OK, but I think he meant “EUR 150”. you can check this in https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=argentinian+peso+euro&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=-9PHVNPpH7DgsASvwoCYCg#q=argentine+peso+euro&spell=1
    The SD basic subscription (75 generic channels) that I have costs about ARS 270. Conversion between argentine peso and foreign currencies is a very tricky subject, as the local goverment had imposed several exchange restrictions and regulations. The Google converter above seems to work with the “official” exchange rate, but I can’t really tell you if it is a “real” magnitude or not.
    BTW, there’s no difference between HD (as posted by Fer) and my SD subscription, except the fact that I have no access to practices.

Oli
    Participant

RTL Germany is SD only unless you buy a HD+ smartcard for 50 € year (satellite) or pay for HD cable (20 €/month in my state, providers vary by state). It also has a lot of advertising breaks.

ORF HD is available in Germany via some Linux satellite receivers and parts of Germany also get BBC HD via satellite.

Shreyas Mohanty
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    INDIA
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    STAR SPORTS HD2, STAR SPORTS 4
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    ALL RACES LIVE
    4. Do they also show qualifying live?
    YES
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
    YES
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    INCLUDED IN SERVICE PROVIDERS ANNUAL HD PACKAGE
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    YES : m.starsports.com/main.aspx#livepro-f1

Fer no.65
    Participant

Sorry im a bit late on this since I’m on holidays. I’ve seen the article and since we did the q and a, things have changed. Its been said that Fox Sports LA renewed the contract with the TV rights holder but now it’ll be like Sky and BBC. Half the races will be shown on SD and HD cable but half of them will be highlights late in the day. The whole calendar will be shown on a different paid channel which,as far as I know, has not released prices yet.

Hope this helps correcting the table you’ve released earlier this week @keithcollantine

Xander
    Participant

It appears that Foxtel has now secured the rights to F1 in Australia. The deal will be similar to the BBC/Sky deal with only half of the races being shown live on free to air television via Channel Ten. At least they will all be available in HD now. I hope that they will be ad-free. This costs AUD$600/yr (add $120 for HD). Initial setup costs are AUD$150, but this can be haggled down to normally $75.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/09/fox-deal-halve-free-air-f1-schedule/

knightameer
    Participant

@keithcollantine Here in Pakistan we have a cable TV system.. We pay for the whole package which includes News, Sports, entertainment and Movies.. There is no single package option available.. Hence we pay a full monthly fees and get star sports bundled in..

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

I just found out that Australia will only have ten free to air GPs on One/Ten while all will be shown on Foxtel. one/Ten will have a highlights package later in the week but that’s not how I like to consume my F1.

I just signed up to Foxtel for $75 install, $25 per month for the first two months then $50 a month thereafter. I’d rare not have had to sign up at all but there you go.

There was a distinct lack of publicity about the change, even here on F1F.

Michal
    Participant

1. What country are you in (and state, if applicable)
    2. Which channels broadcast F1 near you?
    3. Do they show all the races live or only a limited number (if so, how many?)
    4. Do they also show qualifying live?
    5. Do they also show practice sessions live?
    6. If they are a subscription channel, what does a full year’s subscription cost (excluding limited time offers)?
    7. Do they broadcast coverage online? If so please post link/s
    8. Please supply any other relevant information such as alternative viewing options

1. Poland
    2. Polsat Sport (pay-TV channel)
    3. All races
    4. Yes
    5. Yes except for those very early in the morning, which are showed later
    6. Yes, just over 10 pounds for a month

kwacky1
    Participant

Does anyone in .au know if any pubs in Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast will be showing the Malaysian GP?

plushpile
    Participant

@thecollaroyboys
    The other part that’s really difficult is there is really poor advertising of what race is shown on Foxtel and what’s available on Ten.
    Can’t say there’s any logic to the races that have been chosen, would have thought Ten would have wanted the Malaysian race given it’s at prime time in the eastern states…

I just can’t justify the costs, Foxtel/Ten have a similar sharing relationship to Sky/BBC, and to pay $600+ ($720+ if you want to watch in HD) is just too much for 10 races.
    To even use their streaming service with no contract is $50 per month. Ridiculously cost prohibitive.

If they offered a sports only package I’d consider it, there’s no V8 Supercar races live on FTA between the GP support races in mid march until Townsville in July.

I feel like I’m back in 2007-2008 searching for race streams to watch the race live again.

Funkyf1
    Participant

@thecollaroyboys If you haven’t had the chance of car watching the Foxtel broadcast you’ll be glad you signed up. No Ads (Ten, One had more ads that broadcasting) FP1, FP2 and FP3 all live, with pre and post analysis. Pre race show, generally 1 hr plus, Martins gridwalk, entire race no ads, no dribble and the post race show to follow where you get to see all the good bits, media , pits and wrap up that Ten One denied us for years. Yes it sucks having to pay, but if you like motorsports in genral (MotoGp, WEC, V8’s, Tourers, Nascar, Supercross and more) I think you’ll be a happy camper.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.