F1

If you could change a single situation in F1 history…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

Humph. This is a tough one. On the one hand I like @david-a‘s suggestion of Vettel not crashing into Fuji, and could instead hang on for a win. Or maybe one of the early 2009 races, so that Vettel would’ve been 2009 WDC :P

Another one would be changing the events of 30 years ago actually. Salut Gilles. Much as I am a Senna fan; I actually think he won’t be held in as high regard as he is now, had Imola 1994 not happened.

I’m surprised no one has talked about the pitlane entry in China 2007…

Journeyer
    Participant

The obvious ones have been mentioned, so I’ll go for something a bit different: what if Lewis didn’t get past Glock in time at that wet Interlagos in 2008. Massa and Hamilton would be very different men now because of that…

AdrianMorse
    Participant

@journeyer, @raymondu999, 2008 Brazil and 2007 pit lane entry have been mentioned!

magon4
    Participant

For me it’s the 1997 race at Jerez. It was pretty perfect, with three drivers qualifying at the exact same millisecond and a race where the winner would take it all. If Schumacher hadn’t slammed into Villeneuve, it would’ve been one of the greatest weekends ever.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

This year is not over yet & keep an eye on Riciardo.

If Bahrain was anything to go by, we’re going to be waiting a loooong time.

Journeyer
    Participant

@adrianmorse – thanks!

@magon4 I was about to say Jerez 1997, but you beat me to it!

I’d now have to say Zolder 1982. What if Gilles didn’t die and finished that season? Would he have become champion or not? Either way, would he have stayed at Ferrari anyway, or gone to McLaren (as the rumors have it) for 1983? I could see him beating Niki to the 1984 title in a McLaren.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.