F1

Only Connect: F1 edition

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 837 total)
  • Author
    ayrtonsenna01
    Participant

Okay my one (should be quite simples)

Keith, De Angelis was San Marino 85… the others I haven’t a clue, gonna have to pass on those bonus points I’m afraid!

@ayrtonsenna01 These are the car numbers of the last seven world champions.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Oooh, oooh, sorry for being out of turn but I’ve got a really good one!

Draco Malfoy, Max Mosley.

What’s the connection?

Have you got another two names?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@keithcollantine

Narcissa Black and the Mitford sisters.

ayrtonsenna01
    Participant
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Okay, here’s the solution to Malfoy-Mosley-Mitford-Black (because it’s obscure and I don’t think anyone will get it):

One of JK Rowling’s biggest heroes is Jessica Mitford, the 1940s activist. Jessica was against Nazism, and in the Harry Potter books, she is represented by Andromeda Tonks (nee Black), a witch from a pure-blood family who joined the fight against Lord Voldemort. Just as Jessica had two sister – Diana and Unity – Andromeda had two cousins. Diana and Unity Mitford were among some of the most-prominent supporters of Adolf Hitler in England, and they are prresented in the books by Andromeda’s cousins, Narcissa (Diana) and Bellatrix (Unity) Black. Narcissa is the one was want to focus on.

In the world of the books, Narcissa Black married Lucius Malfoy. Lucius was a politically-connected and influential pure-blood wizard, and widely-accused (but never proven) of being one of Voldemort’s closest supporters. Now, I’m not making this part up – JK Rowling has admitted it – the marriage between Narcissa and Lucius is directly influenced by the marriage between Diana Mitford and one Oswald Mosley. In the books, Narcissa and Lucius had a son, Draco. In real life, Diana and Oswald had a son of their own – Max.

Therefore, Max Mosley and Draco Malfoy are the same person.

OK having got the last one right it’s my turn again.

What’s next in this sequence:

Monza, Spa-Francorchamps, Nurburgring…

No takers? Anyone want a hint?

Hockenheim?

Yeah Monza, Spa and the Nurburgring were all deemed too dangerous in their origional guise so they were shortened or redesigned, same with Hockenheim.

mildertduck
    Participant

Would it not be Interlagos? The circuit was shortened for the 1990 season…

@newnhamlea1 Nope

@mildertduck Nope

Remember, these are four things in a sequence

matt90
    Participant

It isn’t Le Mans is it? In order of endurance races in one of the old iterations of the championship?

matt90
    Participant

Silverstone. Last 4 races of the LMES 2008? I doubt it though because that’s very obscure.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 837 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.