Predict Melbourne grid
- 3rd February 2014, 8:53 at 8:53 am #248468TodfodParticipant
10. Hulkenberg3rd February 2014, 11:44 at 11:44 am #248469sato113Participant
why are people doubting red bull over 1 lap? it’s obvious that vettel will be on pole. No matter how happy people are the red bull are suffering atm, it’s typical that come Q3, the red bull will be the car to beat.3rd February 2014, 11:48 at 11:48 am #248470Lucas WilsonParticipant
“why are people doubting red bull over 1 lap? it’s obvious that vettel will be on pole. No matter how happy people are the red bull are suffering atm, it’s typical that come Q3, the red bull will be the car to beat”
Excatly!3rd February 2014, 14:20 at 2:20 pm #248471Omar RParticipant
Vettel on pole depends on his car running more than 1 lap. Let’s see if Barhein is like Q3 (I mean, Red Bull storming again). Remember last year? Mercedes and Ferrar showing the best pace, then Saturday Q3 comes and Vettel was on pole, 90% of the times.3rd February 2014, 14:41 at 2:41 pm #248472mclarenParticipant
Its far too early to make any sensible predictions, but given the jerez test, is no surprise people are doubting Red Bull. I think due to the mammoth success they have had, people cant comprehend the fact that they may not be the team to beat this season, a teams dominance doesn’t last forever,(Ferrari 00-04. Williams in the 90’s), having said all that, It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if come Q3 in Melbourne, Red Bull lock out the front row!3rd February 2014, 17:31 at 5:31 pm #248473KingsharkParticipant
Maybe because in 2013 Mercedes was generally faster than Red Bull over one lap until the summer break (when they gave up on the WO4 to focus on the WO5). I don’t think Vettel will be on pole in Melbourne, but in my prediction, I put him 3rd behind Hamilton and Rosberg.3rd February 2014, 18:31 at 6:31 pm #248474DaveF1Participant
10. Perez7th February 2014, 13:20 at 1:20 pm #248475AnonymousInactive
6. Button8th February 2014, 19:11 at 7:11 pm #248476
1.Rosberg – Mercedes will be very quick.
2.Hamilton – A front row lockout for Mercedes.
3.Vettel – No surprise there!
4.Alonso – Up there as usual ,though his quali pace has improved.
5.Magnussen – A good result for the Woking team!
6.Ricciardo – RBR haven’t lost much pace.
7.Grosjean – Lotus are in a similar position to 2013.
8.Raikkonen – This poor quali does no justice to his race pace.
9.Massa – Williams have nice pace,it seems.
10.Button – No where near KevMag’s pace
16.Maldonado – really struggled
19.Bianchi – still quicker than his team-mate.
20.Chilton – Marussia is , surprisingly quicker than Caterham
22.Ericsson15th February 2014, 20:10 at 8:10 pm #248734
A few questions:
Why are people putting Williams so high up?We know that they have good expectations and that they have good pace in Jerez.But come Melbourne and RBR will have a perfectly good, quick car and Lotus and Sauber are likely to be quick as are Force India.As for Marussia and Caterham, who knows wether they will be quick or not?
Also, people are putting Mclaren very high aswell and after one test
we can’t tell anything!
And no-one has put Caterham or Marussia anywhere except last.I say that may be wrong, who knows?I do admit that I put them last aswell but I could well be wrong.16th February 2014, 20:51 at 8:51 pm #248821
Ok, now we have seen 1 test that is literally almost no help at all I shall re-do mine.I will re-do it again after/during the Bahrain test.
1.Hamilton-Merc have a front row lockout
3.Vettel-Vettel hasn’t lost much in terms of race or quali pace
6.Ricciardo-A lot quicker than many predicted
10.Massa-Beat Pastor by less than a tenth to make Q3
11.Maldonado-Just missed out on Q3
13.Alonso-A very poor quali puts him out in Q2
14.Bianchi-Marussia have a surprising pace at Melbourne
17.Chilton-This position proves how far Marussia have moved on
19.Hulkenberg-His ERS system failed, allowing him to do 1 lap only :(
20.Kobayashi-Caterham’s box front proved a bad design
22.Ericsson17th February 2014, 6:27 at 6:27 am #248925Fab F1Participant
Let’s have some fun
1. Rosberg : Engine power
2. Hamilton : Engine Power
3. Alonso : Ferrari’s determination
4. Vettel : Redbull’s Hope
5. Kevin : New kid in the car
6. Button : Experience talks
7. Kimi : Din’t quite understand the car yet
8. Massa : Re-discovering the past of William’s
9. Hulk : Faith of billion people
10. Grosjean: The young blood
11. Perez : The wounded guy
12. Riccardio : Pretty new car, Something was in Vettal car which I don’t have
13. Maldonado : Money talks, wait and see.
14. Bottas : Okay Massa have more experience, no excuse!!
15. Sutil : Hmmm… Carrot was much better. This car looks like ??? , hey any fruit with sauber’s color??
16. Bianchi : We don’t want to be in the back of the field any more
17. Gutierrez : We have another 18 races to improve…
18. Kavyat : Good start.
19. Vergne : oky something went wrong in my car
20. Kobayashi : I think only matter of time we beat Marussia
21. Chilton : Well I am not at the last.
22. Ericsson : A good place to start in my first race.18th February 2014, 16:49 at 4:49 pm #249000RetardedF1shParticipant
22. Chilton21st February 2014, 18:58 at 6:58 pm #249445
Having now seen most of the first Bahrain test it’s time to do my
Melbourne grid predictions again.
22.Ericsson22nd February 2014, 4:34 at 4:34 am #249458Theo ParkinsonParticipant
20. Vernge (Didn’t set time, based on last practice session)
21. Vettel (Didn’t set time, based on last practice session)
22. Grosjean (Didn’t set time, based on last practice session)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.