F1

The team that needs a name: What would you call Racing Point/Force India?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The Team Formerly Known As Force India has entered the 2019 season as Racing Point. However they are known to be considering a rebrand to a completely different identity in time for the new championship.

The Silverstone-based squad originall raced as Jordan, then became Midland and Spyker for one season each, and has been Force India since 2008.

What would be a good name for the team under its new ownership, headed by Lawrence Stroll? And what makes a good F1 team name?

Ben Needham
    Participant

I have a horrible feeling that they’ll end up as Racing Point for this year and it may well stick in lieu of anything else.

Personally I like short, punchy team names, like ‘Shadow’ or ‘Arrows’. Some team owners eponymous names work nicely as well, like ‘Jordan’, ‘McLaren’, ‘Williams’ etc. Somehow, ‘Stroll’ as a team name doesn’t sit well with me, but maybe that’s just because of my generally negative feelings towards his son’s place on the grid!

Maybe embrace the pink livery and call the team ‘Panther’! Alternatively, take the team’s base and call it ‘Silverstone’ (which I don’t particularly like…).

I imagine they’ll sell title sponsorship to someone and take the name from that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed Ben, Racing Point isn’t a good name, actually its pretty bad.
    What about “Sir Lance A lot” (sorry)

I like Force in it, but not sure what goes with that. But agree, one word teams sound better, what is their water supplier sponsor, BTW (??) may have a feature in the name.

James Brickles
    Participant

Super Stroll!

Matthijs
    Participant

Force Canada probably…

Well we now know what one of their prominent sponsors will be…

Racing Point agrees major sponsorship deal with SportPesa

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.