F1

Who will never win a title again?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Enigma
    Participant

From the current 24 drivers, pick 14 that you think will never win a title in f1 (from now on). That’s based on talent, speed, team, team-mate, age etc… If this forum will still be active in 10 or 20 years, we’ll check who did best, otherwise it’s just for fun =)

The 14 drivers I think will not win any future f1 titles: Barrichello, Schumacher, Trulli, Liuzzi, Karthikeyan, Maldonado, Massa, Heidfeld, Button, Webber, Kobayashi, Buemi.

DavidS
    Participant

Why pick 14? Wouldn’t it be easier to list the 10 drivers who are likely to win another title. What about Kubica, he isn’t counted in the 24, but could be a contender further down the track, assuming all goes well.

george1066
    Participant

just put whoever you like in the current Red Bull (even Bernie E.)and give them the title.

Oscar Becker
    Participant

Sebastien Buemi

Narain Karthikeyan

Tonio Liuzzi

Rubens Barrichello

Michael Schumacher

Nick Heidfeld

Jarno Trulli

Heikki Kovalainen

Mark Webber

Timo Glock

Jerome d’Ambrosio

Pastor Maldonado

Felipe Massa

Jenson Button

Todfod
    Participant

I thought the word ‘again’ in the title meant somebody who has won a title already, and now doesn’t stand a chance.. in that case my answer would be Michael Schumacher and Jenson Button.

nik

Make it more interesting, who in the field stands a chance of winning a title at some point this decade? I’d say:

* Vettel

* Alonso

* Hamilton

(they will divide up the next 7-8 between them, IMO)

and thereafter:

* Ricciardo (go son, go!)

The outsiders would have to be Kubica, Alguersuari, Buemi and Nico, who are all more likely to have Barichello-esque careers rather than being WDC’s. The next decade will be tops, better than the 80s and 90s IMO>

Enigma
    Participant

Nope, it’s explained in the first post, but just to clarify, it’s current drivers who will not win any titles in the future, regardless of their previous success. And well, Kubica is not driving right now so he doesn’t count, just like Hulkenberg, Chandhok, Senna, Grosjean and so on…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.