Going to the United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas

Going to the 2014 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Michael Moran
    Participant

There is a lot of good info there. With that being said, I’ve lived in Austin since ’63 & have been to every event at CoTA. So, if you have any specific questions or need an opinion on something, I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Also, if you’re coming & haven’t bought a ticket yet, I have one of my PSL tickets in the corner T15 grandstand available. This is the smaller if the two at T15. Gives you acces to the Hospitality Tent at 15 & all it’s ammenities. $325 Not much more than a GA ticket & much more comfortable than the bleacher seats.

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

@budaman Hi. I went last year but I don’t think I made the most of my time. Is there anything worthwhile between sessions? I’ve heard you can get a track tour but I’m guessing not on race weekends.

Michael Moran
    Participant

No track tours during events. You could tour the Tower if you haven’t done that. It’s like $25. I usually use the time between F1 sessions to check out different areas of the track. There are several trams. One from T11 to the Grand Plaza & back, one from the Grand Plaza to Main & one from Main to T1…returns on these also. They should have a few areas that will have TV’s if you want to catch up on some of the football games. They’ll have areas for lawn games & such around the Laza….maybe even a mechanical bull! Or, you could just find a bar & get snockered!

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

Anyone know where the podium is? What is the best way to get to it after the race, if at all possible?

Michael Moran
    Participant

The podium is above the pit building at the end where the back of the grid would form at the T20 end. If you’re in the Main Grandstand, no problem. If you aren’t, best bet would be close to the T19 Hospitality Tent when the race ends. They open up the track at a gate close to there after the race. Last year though, they were late opening the track up because they were taking Sutil’s car back to the Paddock & by the time they opened it, the ceremony was already going on. I think they were being overly cautious because of the Marshall being killed in Montreal last year. You could also probably make it if you were close to T1.

ckang
    Participant

So if we’re at other points in the circuit, we’ll need to go to T20/T1 to gain entrance to the track?

Michael Moran
    Participant

No, there will be access points throughout the track. Those two would be the only one’s you’d have a realistic chance of getting to the Podium in time to catch the Trophy presentation. There’s only a 10 to 20 minute window before the start if the Ceremony & it would take too long to get there from anyplace else. They open up the track after the race, so you could actually walk the entire length if you wanted to.

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

Is it really as simple as walking to the nearest gate (I’m at turn one) when the race ends?

Michael Moran
    Participant

Pretty much. Just walk down the hill towards the Main Grandstand. There will be a large gate just past the tunnel….across from the Position Tower & starting line. I don’t know if they open anything up at the top of the hill where you can just walk straight down the track. I haven’t really spent much time by T1. The gate I referred to earlier is the one they open up when they do the pit walks.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.