US F1 officially out and no place for Stefan GP as 2010 entry list confirmed

Posted on

| Written by

The official 2010 F1 entry list has been published by the FIA. The US F1 team has been dropped from the list and Stefan GP do not appear in their place meaning there will only be 24 cars at the first race in Bahrain. A statement said: Having considered the various options, the FIA confirms … Continue reading US F1 officially out and no place for Stefan GP as 2010 entry list confirmed

Jose Maria Lopez confirmed at US F1, Peter Windsor insists he’s good enough

Posted on

| Written by

US F1 have confirmed their first driver for 2010 and it isn’t a rising American star or an experienced F1 hand – it’s 26-year-old Jose Maria Lopez, who last drove a single-seater in 2006. Lopez – often referred to by his nickname ‘Pechito’ – has won various domestic championships in his native Argentina since then. … Continue reading Jose Maria Lopez confirmed at US F1, Peter Windsor insists he’s good enough

USF1 car undergoes crash test (Video)

Posted on

| Written by

There’s been some speculation about how far along USF1 are with their F1 project. A new video released by the team today showing their car’s nose structure undergoing crash testing may help address those concerns. The team revealed the crash test took place last week, but it’s likely most of the existing teams had crash-tested … Continue reading USF1 car undergoes crash test (Video)

Windsor: America “more industrious”

Posted on

| Written by

USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor has voiced his objection to F1’s factory shut-down which will take place for the second time this year. Writing on the USF1 website he said: There was an F1 team meeting vote in the early fall about whether the 2009 F1 August shut-down had been a “success”. I was impressed … Continue reading Windsor: America “more industrious”

Jose Maria Lopez: out of single-seaters for three years but set for USF1 drive

Posted on

| Written by

Anyone who saw Lewis Hamilton win the 2006 GP2 championship may remember Jose Maria Lopez, who finished tenth in the championship that year. Despite not having raced single-seater cars since then, Lopez is now a front runner for a drive at the new USF1 team, whose headquarters he visited on Friday. He has almost all … Continue reading Jose Maria Lopez: out of single-seaters for three years but set for USF1 drive

Nick Craw on USF1 and US Grand Prix (Video)

Posted on

| Written by

New president of the FIA Senate Nick Craw has addressed rumours about whether America’s new F1 team USF1 will make the grid in 2010. In a video interview with Speed TV Craw told the channel he had inspected the team’s facilities twice and they had recently paid their $440,000 (??265,000) entry fee. He was also … Continue reading Nick Craw on USF1 and US Grand Prix (Video)