Fans in Melbourne got an early taste of F1 action today when Mark Webber drove the Red Bull show car in an event at the city’s waterfront.
He crossed the Bolte Bridge in the car and spoke to fans in Docklands Waterfront City.
Webber said: “It’s good to be back in Australia and in Melbourne in the sunshine.
“The city has gone to a lot of effort to make today’s event possible, so I’d like to thank them and Red Bull. It’s good to be able to say thanks for all the support the local people have offered me during the last few seasons.
?óÔé¼?ôThe Melbourne Grand Prix is a special event and one we should be very proud of. Of course, I’m a little biased as an Aussie but I know a lot of the drivers and fans love it too. It was a great way to start the Grand Prix week and hopefully we can finish it with a good result on Sunday.?óÔé¼?Ø
Webber had to stick to a speed limit during his run across the bridge: “It wasn’t too bad. The boys rigged up a good system for me so I could stay within it, so it was easy.”
Video: Mark Webber on the Bolte Bridge
NB. Portions of this video are without sound
Pictures: Mark Webber on the Bolte Bridge
Video of Webber’s bridge crossing will be added here shortly.
- 2022 Italian Grand Prix in pictures
- 2022 Italian Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- F1 teams carry tributes to Queen Elizabeth II on cars at Monza
- 2022 Italian Grand Prix practice in pictures
- First pictures from the 2022 Italian Grand Prix weekend
- 2022 Dutch Grand Prix in pictures
- 2022 Dutch Grand Prix qualifying day in pictures
- 2022 Dutch Grand Prix practice in pictures
- First pictures from the 2022 Dutch Grand Prix weekend
- 2022 Belgian Grand Prix in pictures
Images ?é?® Getty Images/Red Bull