Sergio Perez claimed a point despite a penalty, while Kamui Kobayashi collided with Timo Glock.
|Kamui Kobayashi||Sergio Perez|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q1)||1’27.876 (+0.627)||1’27.249|
Sauber drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
Kobayashi failed to progress beyond Q1 for the third time this year. He couldn’t get his tyres up to temperature and claimed he was delayed by Felipe Massa.
He had to run wide at the first corner to avoid Rubens Barrichello. As he returned to the track he turned in front of Timo Glock and the pair collided.
Kobayashi continued but stopped a few corners later: “I saw smoke and fire coming from my car. Obviously there was severe damage, so I had to stop and switch the car off.”
|Pit stop 1||Soft 22.676s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 24.789s|
Perez described his qualifying session as “very bad” after falling three-tenths short of his Q1 time in Q2.
He had the same penalty as Lewis Hamilton for failing to slow sufficiently for yellow flags in the first practice session.
Perez gambled on starting the race on hard tyres and came into the pits at the end of lap one to change to softs. He spent much of the first stint behind Paul di Resta before passing the Force India driver.
He resisted race-long pressure from Vitaly Petrov to claim the final points place: “At least this way I can pay back something to the team after I made that mistake on Friday.”
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Sauber F1 Team