Nico Rosberg said it will take a little time to get over his disappointing qualifying performance for the German Grand Prix.
The Mercedes driver stayed in the pits in the final minutes of Q2 as several drivers improved their times, leading him to be knocked out. He will start from the sixth row of the grid.
“Yeah the team just made a mistake,” said Rosberg. “We just underestimated the track ramping up.”
“So that’s a big disappointment, didn’t see that coming. I thought it would be easy to be on the front row today. So definitely tough to digest that one, it’s going to take a bit of time.”
Rosberg doubts he will be able to achieve much from his starting position in the middle of the field: “Tomorrow, from 11th, it’s not going to be possible to do much but I’ll give it everything anyways.”
2013 German Grand Prix
- Third Driver of the Weekend win for Vettel
- Down-to-the-wire German GP gets positive rating
- 2013 German Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 German Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- FIA to bring forward 2014 pit lane safety rules
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei