Lewis Hamilton will sample a DTM car at the championship’s final race weekend of the season at the Hockenheimring next week.
Hamilton will drive passengers around the circuit in Mercedes’ DTM ‘race taxi’ on the Sunday following the Japanese Grand Prix.
“I’m really looking forward to attending the DTM finale at Hockenheim and making a return to the DTM paddock,” said Hamilton.
“I’ve always been part of the Mercedes-Benz family right from the start of my career in motor racing. During my two years in the Formula Three Euro Series, I was really in my element on those DTM weekends.”
A competition to win a ride around the track with Hamilton is being run by broadcaster SWR3.
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Daimler/Hoch Zwei