Mercedes have release a video showing Lewis Hamilton taking the new Mercedes W08 for one of its first laps at Silverstone.
The world champions’ new car was launched on a wet and windy day at the circuit yesterday.
“This car is wide!” exclaimed the three-times world champion as he drove the W08 out of the pit lane. Regulations changes mean this year’s cars measure two metres across instead of 1.8m.
2017 F1 season
- Sepang pays Haas compensation for Grosjean’s 2017 crash
- Williams revenues rose in 2017 after Bottas deal with Mercedes
- Australian Grand Prix cost government £56 million last year
- “Grand Prix Driver” takes you inside McLaren’s nightmare final year with Honda
- Undisputed champion: 10 titles name Hamilton top driver of 2017