Alfa Romeo has confirmed Tatiana Calderon will continue to be the team’s test driver for the 2019 F1 season.
Last year Calderon had her first run in a current-specification F1 car at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez and also did two days’ testing in a 2012-specification Sauber at Fiorano.
“The team is impressed by Tatiana’s commitment, persistence and skill,” said team principal Frederic Vasseur.
“She delivered a good performance when she was given the opportunity to drive a Formula One car for the first time last season and has proven to be a valuable member of our team. Together, we will work on further developing Tatiana’s skills as a driver and the Alfa Romeo Racing project.”
Calderon will test the team’s F1 car again this year in addition to racing in F2 with Arden.
“I’m extremely happy to continue as test driver for Alfa Romeo Racing this year,” she said. “They’ve done a fantastic job from one year to the other and it’s always a privilege to work alongside such experienced people.
“They gave me my first opportunity to drive a Formula One car and I love being part of the team. Hopefully we can achieve great things together in the near future.”
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’