Esteban Ocon will officially join the Renault F1 team in time for him to participate in the post-season test at the Yas Marina circuit.
Ocon previously raced for Manor in the second half of 2016, and then for Force India in 2017 and 2018. He has been a simulator and reserve driver for Mercedes this year, and drove their W10 during a tyre test last month.
He is joining Renault in place of Nico Hulkenberg, who does not yet have a drive for next season.
All 10 teams are expected to participate in the test but so far only Renault have confirmed their driver arrangements.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’