F1 Games

F1 Fanatic Xbox Championship – Season 6

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@ljkobrien @jonny705

Glad you both like the new system. I was punted off at turn one in the feature race and was on my own for most of the race so haven’t completely seen the affect it’s had on the racing yet. Seems like an improvement by the sounds of it.

In regards to choosing the circuit first, you make good points. After Monday, the more I thought about it, the more sensible it sounds. I particularly like the fact that you have to make a decision on your team almost immediately.. adds an element of pressure!

Following the general consensus, let’s say yes to it straight away. @lemon @mrgrieves @ms20 @dazzaarcher @vitreouschain @strongo83 @lint101
    @astevo1989 @mcwoblin if any of you strongly disagree with this decision please let me know.

So to confirm – from Monday, the circuit will be chosen before we choose team.

@jonny705 in answer to your final point, if you finish the season with minus credits then you will be deducted 10 points for each credit. What do you think? In other words you need to ensure you leave enough for the final race even if you aren’t able to attend.

mrgrieves
    Participant

1st week was the typical old problem thats really taken the enjoyment out of monday nights and really makes it feel like a chore!l VERY AMATURE & PATHETIC DRIVING AT THE START. punted into the gravel in the 1st chicane then having to risk it all to get through the field i lost my front wing let the leader through twice so my race was over quicker. Race 2 flew into the lead, getting a 10 sec penalty for hitting Daz on the way, crashed raged quit.

I Would ONLY disagree as it puts me at a disadvantage with points. I used a 4 point choice on my WORST track so the credits have to be adjusted fairly if were changing the rules as im sure there wont be many other drivers who voted Italy as there least favoured tracks and lost points. Not fair i loose credits in this way and others dont

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@mrgrieves can we please discuss this in the lobby after races rather than on here. That way things could be looked at. I too was punted off at the start and lost my front wing but I can’t see from my video who or what caused it.. If we had more footage guys then we could do something I.e. Reward credits to compensate.

Circuit choices before team choices then – Well I don’t know what to say about that. It was something the majority strongly wanted on Monday.. I can understand your frustration but the only way we can fix this is to not change anything… But others wanted to change it! Anyone got any ideas?

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@lemon @mrgrieves @ms20 @dazzaarcher @vitreouschain @strongo83 @lint101
    @astevo1989 @mcwoblin
    @ljkobrien @jonny705

Taking into account both arguments ( @mrgrieves and @ljkobrien / @jonny705 ) would resetting the credit amounts be a good idea? In other words, going back to the default amount and taking one credit away from each driver (to take into account the first races on Monday)??

Let me know what you guys think..

astevo1989
    Participant

I thought the idea was to risk picking a good car for an unknown track. Otherwise the credit system will just be manipulated by picking a slow car for a track you know your not good at saving credits so you can blitz it on a good track. I get both sides of it just dont know what way is best. Think its something every1 just gona have to vote on.

Lt Alfred
    Participant

@maddogmolloy I don’t think resetting the points is necessary. Yes things weren’t perfect on Monday, but we have to remember that this is the start of a new season; we have three new (or newish) drivers starting at the same time; AND we’ve just implemented the biggest rule change since the league started. The first few races are probably going to be like this while we recognise and iron out any kinks that we didn’t factor for in the planning.

@astevo1989 I agree, I think their should just be a simple vote, either on here or on Monday. @maddogmolloy maybe everyone could send you a private message with their votes to keep it anoyomous?

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@astevo1989 if we keep things as they are, it may make it a bit of a lottery – as there’s nothing to base your car choice on apart from the stage of the season itself. There are cons to it though, as you’ve just mentioned.

@ljkobrien the only reason I suggested resetting the credits was because of what @mrgrieves said. He feels hard by as he feels he wasted credits on a good team when he didn’t know it was his least favourite track. @ljkobrien you spent the same number of credits as well? What do you think?

I also spent four credits on a lotus and could of has a better race but I don’t mind if we just want to keep the current credit numbers (I suppose I did finish 5th from bring punted off at turn 1 – but I could of had an even better result).

We could do a vote but it seems I’ve got 4 votes here already!! Let’s see what others say and what views they have before making a final decision.

@astevo1989 @mcwoblin
    @ljkobrien @jonny705

The choices:

1. Keep things as they are.
    2. Change to selecting circuit before car. Keep credits as they are.
    3. Change to selecting circuit before car. Reset credit numbers to take race 1/2 into account.

If some would prefer to tell me through private/xbox message (as Alfred mentioned) then I’m happy with that too!

EDIT – actually let’s have an anonymous vote. Please send me your vote via xbox live or private msg on here. Please quote 1,2 or 3. If you have any other comments please include them! I’ll stay out of the voting process (like last week) to keep it fair.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@ljkobrien sorry just realised what you said – I’m talking about resetting the credits and NOT the points scored at the last races – they will stay as they are. Hope what I’ve said in the post above now makes sense?

mrgrieves
    Participant

Its been a while but here’s my Bahrain highlights

Start – Looking for credits back here

As you can see i had cleared the corner and was long strighted up when i was turned around and left 10+ seconds behind at the back loosing any chance of grabbing a win from pole, espeically after steve’s disconection then Daz’s accident.

Pass 2 cars at once Then get HIT by poor driving into the hairpin by the usual suspect. Not looking for credits or anything just evidence of over aggresive reckless driving

Maddog Incident
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Daz passes me around the outside

Daz & Johnny crash

ms20
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t make it last week. I won’t be able to make it today either, but I should be free next week.

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@astevo1989
    @mcwoblin

@ljkobrien
    @jonny705

Sorry for the lack of reply guys- I’ve been having problems logging in via my phone and don’t have a laptop atm.

No race tonight as we’ve got a week break. Back next Monday! @ms20 you won’t miss anything!

@dazzaarcher
    – both @ljkobrien and @lint101 are looking at the incident from last weeks sprint race. Think they want @ms20 to have a look too. Hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer before they confirm the decision.

mrgrieves
    Participant

How about my 1st corner incident in Race 1? Asked on the forum and after the race about getting credits back!

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@mrgrieves sorry I’ve only just been able to log in – been having problems for the past week!

My priority is to sort out Daz’s penalty first as that affects the standings for five drivers. Then we can look at yours.

I’ve got another viewpoint of the start which I’ll upload soon… As I mentioned last week it looks like a racing incident where three drivers take completely different lines going from turns 2 to 3.. but we’ll see what others think.

Tbh mate, the intention of handing back credits was only really in the event of a totally destroyed race .I.e. Losing front wing and having to pit.. You finished in a reasonable position in the end… You probably made better of it than I did in Italy! The one worry I have, is that if this precedent is set, we’ll have to be handing credits out all over the shop..

Nevertheless, we’ll see what we can do.. We’ll come back to it after the Daz penalty decision. Btw there seems to be a problem with one of your videos!

@vitreouschain
    just seen y2j’s video. You need to be careful as you’re only once penalty away from a 3 credit reduction.

mrgrieves
    Participant

Well i feel it did ruin my race especially after Daz crashing and Steve’s d/c. Without being hit of at the start and loosing so much time and places i would have scored 12 more points by winning that race. As well as using the full credits available to have a Merc so thats another waste of credits by having a race winning car race winning pace but due to what went on behind i had NO CHANCE to achieve the win from pole may i add!

MadDogMolloy
    Participant

@ljkobrien @lint101 you both get in touch with @ms20 about the stewards decision? Just a bit conscious that’s it’s been over a week since the race now…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.